• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Novak T.C. shifter

I think Goatman built his own version using heims.......but I might be mistaken.

Remi runs one and loves it.

I've been considering going to it myself.

I just got off of a 16 hour shift, but i really wanna know how this works or why its better...what does it do?

thanks all...sleep well tonight.

but i really wanna know how this works or why its better...what does it do

• Restore and improve shifting action in Jeeps with suspension and especially body lifts.
  • Provide a clean shifting mechanism for conversion transmissions (manual or automatic) being adapted to the Jeep transfer cases.
  • Provide a crisp shifting feel and greater sense of control to the driver of the Jeep.
  • Eliminate shifter kick-outs and resulting transfer case damage by replacing problematic factory linkages.
  • The shift pattern is reversed from factory when installed, i.e. 2 Hi, rearmost, 4Lo, frontmost.

that looks pretty cool. I might have to get one of those since i have been fighting the factory linkage coming undone and falling apart with no amount of no little plastic clips helping out.

I have a tranfercase dropkit, The novak kit works well for this app. It deleats some of the linkage and comes with a nice billet shift handel. note your shift pattern will be reversed, just follow the pattern on the shifter.

i have one and the reason being:
i replaced my transmission...some where along the line my linkage got screwed up and just ended up bending and bindings...it was this or fight the factory linkage a few more times, i chose this it seemed like the sain idea

i got to drive Remi's jeep back in Nov and that novak kit is pretty cool! I crawled pretty much over anything i wanted, and didnt have to worry about a lot of shifting.

Back