• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tempermental Jeep or just perfect..

Red2000

NAXJA Forum User
So I have seen many posts about people having Jeeps with an "attitude" at first i thought this was kinda dumb but now i see mine has its own. It always runs like a top for me and drives through, over, or around anything ive ever needed it to. Today the girlfriend drove it to campus to pick me up after an exam, her first words when i got in the jeep were "something is wrong with your car.." The heater, stereo, dashlights, and turn signals were all not working also the ABS and airbag lights were on. I go out to look at it after lunch and everything works like a charm for me. Anyone else have a jeep that does like other people?

My passenger door will only work if certain people are getting in. Even I cant get it to open for them, so its in through the drivers door, passenger window, or the roof.

sounds jus about right. my jeep hates anyone who trash talks it unless theyve bled on it or helped fix stuff on it. i swear it gets lonely and needs to feel the tender caresses of a 13mm wrench from time to time. its needs a blood sacrifice to keep it under control. its a good rig tho i swear it knows what people think of it

Pure jealousy.

Sounds like a bad ground to me, check the one on the driver side inner fender right near the ECU (guessing 91-01 here from the username) and also check the ground from the head to the firewall and the one from the battery negative post to the passenger inner fender.

Mine does the same thing. I let a guy I work with drive it one day and it made it two blocks away and died. Wouldnt start. I got in, started right up. I said try it again, made it another block, died. I got in, started right up. Never done it for me. Year later, my sister in law asks to borrow it. Made it about 5 blocks and died. I said she just needed to introduce herself and talk to her a little bit. She laughed and did it, playing around, and it started for her. She drove it all that week no problems. I know its probably a short somewhere or maybe it just likes my hard driving style I don't know but it is bordering on creepy sometimes.

Back