• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any reason not to build a "rugged" bumper?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Im sick of the bumper on my XJ, so I was trying to dream up some kind of tube bumper with a hoop. I got it all figured out then started calling around to get some tube. Once I found what the tube costs, and getting it bent. I might as well just buy one.

Seeing as I really dont need a rugged bumper, I dont wheel hardcore, i just play at a local 4x4 park. I found at lowes chainlink fence tube. Its the perfect size, and a little more rugged than exhuast tube. Any reason not to use this? Itll be stronger than the factory bumper anyway. Im not going to pull from it. Basicly just for looks, like the factory stuff.

Any reason i shouldnt?

I'd be like a curb feeler huh?

Google tim hardy. He's a sammy guy. He used exhaust tubing for the same purpose. His rig is thrashed. I have no reason to buy cosmetic add-ons when something like a logan's metal "hardcore" winch bumper is $299.00

Find something used for like $100-150.00 and actually upgrade if you're gonna spend the time and effort.

Thats my "friend" response. :)

Back