NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old May 29th, 2008, 11:00
NAXJA Forum Addict

Power Door Lock Fuse Keeps Blowing

Last Wednesday my power door locks quit. I pulled the fuse, and sure enough it was blown. I replaced it thinking it may have been a fluke, the locks worked, and I left the Jeep parked for a week.

Last night I took her out, drove to a friends, hit the lock button to lock the doors and got nothing. Fuse blew again. I replaced it as I keep some spares with me, and went to lock the door and still got nothing.

What would be causing my power door locks to constantly blow fuses and quit?
01 XJ Sport 2 door 5spd/4WD- 4" lift, Rubi wheels/tires JCR bumpers/sliders, armor, Rubi 44, Ford 8.8, 4.56's, ARBs.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:18
Freakish Hand Strength

Re: Power Door Lock Fuse Keeps Blowing

A short circuit will blow a fuse, any fuse. Check the wires in the door hinge rubber boot for a broken wire. Trace the wires back to the switch looking for problems. Inspect the switch for dirty contacts or signs of arcing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Go ahead and slam the liftgate down on a blanket, and see how long you are laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyjer

Tim MAY be 100% correct, but why would a person automatically pick him as the expert .....
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:03
WHO DAT!

Re: Power Door Lock Fuse Keeps Blowing

X2 you got a short to ground somewhere you will want to check your connection and then trace your + wires back and find where it is effed up