• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help !!! I need schematic for TCU AW4 XJ '88

lugu50

NAXJA Forum User
The case is that I need desperately a schematic for TCU installed on AW4 of my XJ Limited '88. Lot of trouble, had to change 2 transistors on TCU to correct reverse (which was not engaging on cold transmission), and now at last, 1-2 gear will not engage not in Drive lever position , nor in Lever 1-2 position. If I disconect TCU. 1-2 gear will engage.

Any help and or advices will be very apreciated.

Thanks,

Luis

this is a dupe of the thread in Mod Tech... you don't need to post it more than once probably, if anyone knows they will reply. Good luck!

Sounds like you need to replace the solenoids(3) on the bottom of the tranny(remove pan, unplug solenoid plugs and remove mounting screw/bolt to get them out), being that you can mechanically engage them when you bypass the electronic tcu(however a friend had one that would start out in 3rd in D, but could put it in 1 to get 1). I would find the continuity test that you can perform at the pins at the tcu to verify the failed solenoids(don't have my fsm handy or an illustration to give you).

Back