• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP Looking for AW4 TCU schematic !!!!

lugu50

NAXJA Forum User
Dear Friend Ed:

As I can see maybe you are the only person who can help me. The case is that I need desperately a schematic for TCU installed on AW4 of my XJ Limited '88. Lot of trouble, had to change 2 transistors on TCU to correct reverse (which was not engaging on cold transmission, and now at last, 1-2 gear will not engage not in Drive lever position , nor in Lever 1-2 position. If I disconect TCU. 1-2 gear will engage.

Any help and or advices will be very apreciated.

Thanks,

Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed A. Stevens
FWIW,

I burned 1/2 Watt diodes isolating the current to the solenoids. I changed my installation to relays for physical isolation of the TCU and override current (no problems since).

When the diodes burned the TCU went into limp mode: 1st, 3rd, 4th and no TC lock. No 2nd (unless you drove through the shift override limit in the 1-2 position detent) and no TC lock in the default mode. The limp mode will get you home, but the unlocked TC generates considerable heat.

I like your project, although I'll defer the critique to the EEE's (BSME only here).

When you get to the TC lock/unlock control, and speed sensor logic for the relay for auto mode, can you make the unlock speed setpoint adjustable? This would be a great addition to keep the AW4 cool in 1st gear (a locked TC is not available in 1st with the TCU program). Maybe something for a future term project?

Happy Trails!

lugu50View Public ProfileSend a private message to lugu50Find all posts by lugu50Add lugu50 to Your Contacts

Page 2 of 2<12
menu_open.gif
vBulletin Message Cancel Changes

Back