• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu Coils

Thehowler

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a set of used lift coils for my stock 1994 XJ, and was told they were 3” OME lift rated for XJ. To verify before ordering additional lift parts, I took them down to my local ARB office and had a tech look at them. He came back and said they are actually 4” TJ springs, and they would work fine on my XJ.
Checking out rear OME lift springs, it looks like I may be spot on ordering the OMECS033RA with the add a leaf OMED22XL.
Ive never lifted a XJ before, seeing if anyone has any imput on The OME products. Also, maybe a source for quality shackles?
Thanks, Greg.

My only beef with the OME stuff is for the amount of money you pay they seem to struggle with being accurate with the lift height. 2"-3".... is it 2" or 3"!?!? I had to do a lot of research on my own to figure out what I wanted. I imagine thats only further complicated mixing parts. Did he tell you the model number of the springs?

I got the full leaf pack but when I first installed it wow there was a ton of rake. It settled down after a month and ended up fine, but I probably use a trim packer in the front, it only lifted about 1.75". I wish I had about another 0.5" in front. If he said its for a TJ then they may not be the typical XJ OME kit, so you might not have the same experience. You might want to prepare yourself for some trial and error.

TJ coil spring 4” front #2939
Also told me the extended length nitrocharger sport shock should be used.
Did you use that particular leaf pack?

TJ Wrangler front axle lift kit coil springs give minus one inch lift to an XJ Cherokee. 4" TJ spings lift an XJ 3". JKS leaf spring shackles are dog leg style and work well for me.

Back