• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax15 swap problems w/ RE long arm kit

87_jpchrk

NAXJA Forum User
I recently swapped in an ax-15 and installed a RE long arm kit and I am having an alignment issue with the shift linkage for the T/C. I used all the linkage parts from the 96 XJ donor vehicle and I am cant seem to figure out what to do about the drop in the alignment from the body to the t/c bracket. Do I need to fabricate a new bracket or is there a company that makes a drop bracket?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Brian

The long arm kit does change the position of the t/c. Rubicon has told me that they have never had any issue with this before. Am I just a rod or is this a common problem.

Brian

87_jpchrk said:
I recently swapped in an ax-15 and installed a RE long arm kit and I am having an alignment issue with the shift linkage for the T/C. I used all the linkage parts from the 96 XJ donor vehicle and I am cant seem to figure out what to do about the drop in the alignment from the body to the t/c bracket. Do I need to fabricate a new bracket or is there a company that makes a drop bracket?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Brian
You need the body side bracket from that jeep too: the aw4 bracket and ax15 bracket are different. Or just get a novak shifter.

87_jpchrk said:
Has anyone ever used this kit before? I have heard that it changes the position of 2WD towards the rear instead of forward. Nevermind " Searching does wonders" Thanks for all the help guys.

Brian
it does reverse a shift pattern but when you get it, look at the piece that bolts onto the tcase: if you can make one like that with a different rotation of that cutout you will be able to flip it by 180 degrees so that you can restore original shifting pattern.

Back