• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bellhousing for ax15 swap ?

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
so im going to swap in a '90 ax15 into my '88. just collecting parts at this point so no hurry. i need bellhousing and everything thats in it for and external slave setup.

are there any differences between the shifter forks...slave cyls...bellhousings..other internals between the years that i need to be aware of.

IOW can i use just ANY ax15 external slave bellhousing from '94 to '9?

Thanks

As far as I know yes, but if you find a donor vehicle grab everything from the MC down, the whole works. I say this because a mechanic friend of mine used to do this when the external slaves came out and the internals kept failing. Oh, and when I say everything I mean bolts too. I remember him showing me 2 bolts he had taped to his tool box both of different lengths that drove him nuts the first time, they were his permanent reminder. I had an S10 at the time so it did not interest/apply to me. Do the clutch while you have it apart too and take a look at the rear freeze plugs behind the flywheel. I think when it comes time to do my clutch I'll replace the rear freeze plug with brass whether it needs it or not...

Back