• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat belts not comfortable-Huge family issue

00XJFAN

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 00XJ and my family complains about the seats belts in the rear seat are very uncomfortable. The lap portion of the belt locks in one position after you buckle and will not give at all to allow you to move around at all. The only one that dosn't do this is the drivers seat belts which has a slightly different end on them.

Anyone have a solution for this?

My 95 doesn't do that but on alot of newer vehicles, I've noticed that the rear belts will do what you describe if you pull on the belt until it cannot go anyfurther and then let it retract..

I think the main purpose is for securing child seats and other cargo.

If you don't pull on the belt until it is at the end of its travel it will allow you to move around without locking.

Unless your mechanism is damaged, then I don't know what to tell you.

My 95 doesn't do that but on alot of newer vehicles, I've noticed that the rear belts will do what you describe if you pull on the belt until it cannot go anyfurther and then let it retract..

I think the main purpose is for securing child seats and other cargo.

If you don't pull on the belt until it is at the end of its travel it will allow you to move around without locking.

Unless your mechanism is damaged, then I don't know what to tell you.

No it's not when you pull it all the way out and it then rachets, anytime you buckle them it wont allow any slack from the lap portion of the belt, the upper part is fine.

No it's not when you pull it all the way out and it then rachets, anytime you buckle them it wont allow any slack from the lap portion of the belt, the upper part is fine.

all the slack comes from the upper portion, its just a matter of moving that slack through the buckle itself. Are they tangled up or twisted at all?

all the slack comes from the upper portion, its just a matter of moving that slack through the buckle itself. Are they tangled up or twisted at all?

No but on all except the drivers when you buckle the belt the end is 2 pieces and it slides to pull tight against the belt. The drivers belt doesn'h have this its just on piece with a fixed opening where the belt goes through. On this belt when you move around the lap belt gives as well as the upper one.

My friends 99 also does this in the passenger seat. Used to squeeze my gut when offroading.

Back