• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VA: Big Levels Run

dothedew24_7 said:
Hear they will open up the access roads around the beginnig of april. I'm up for a ride in a week or two. Anyone else?

I dought it but things can change,

JeepinGoose said:
wheres it at?
P.54 if you have a DeLorme Atlas. It's right above crabtreefalls. I go past Sherando on 664, take Fr. 42 "Coal Road"... its a good little drive, you end up on the Parkway.

The only weekend I have free is the last one in April. I'll try to plan a trip then. If not it will have to be in May. I want to try Big Levels. I did CrabTree, Rawley Springs area, and Peters Mill in Feb.

Let us know if they open those roads.

Later

Phil

nateo101 said:
how tough is big levels anyway? heard a lot about it but haven't seen many pics
Not to bad- bout same as crap tree IMO. except for the little bypasses- some of those can be harder- and more fun. It is best to go after a rain as there are lots and lots of water crossings.

BruteXJ said:
Let me know. I'm up for it any Friday or Saturday, or any weekday I can head out there after 3.

Didn't get to go this past weekend but I will be going Fri or Sat of this week. I myself don't know that it's open yet but I have heard it is.

Let me know when. I'm good for Friday after 10 or so, Sat after 12.

BTW, the kayak trip was awesome (even though I swamped mine in a class 3 and took a high-speed canoe to the left shoulder), we'll save you a seat next time.

dothedew24_7 said:
Didn't get to go this past weekend but I will be going Fri or Sat of this week. I myself don't know that it's open yet but I have heard it is.
i assume that you are talking about Big Levels being open or not. It is cause last time i was over in the area was end of march on a wednesday and all the trails where closed, only to find out that they opened that friday. So yes they should be opened now. I want to head up there sometime, but i have to look at my schedule.

I'm gonna camp at sherando the weekend of the 30th......local all jeep club is running levels on Sat. Comeraderie on fri night, sat night, and wheeling Sun with NAXJANs is right on....

anyone?

Back