• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift shock Qs

2T2 Crash

NAXJA Forum User
Im lookin at shocks for my 3" lift, went the S-10 and f150 route, still running the old shocks (for about 6 months, to boot) looked at the JCwhitney rancho 9000... didnt specify in the description if they were front or rear so i am hesitant to buy.
someone said before i could run shocks from the grand cherokee and wrangler on it with no problems.. can anyone throw in their .02?
im tryin to get it finished before i deploy for four months and the wife is stuck with it.
(currently two 60lb bags of concrete hold the ass end down so it doesn't limit out all the time)

thanks!

2T2 Crash said:
Im lookin at shocks for my 3" lift, went the S-10 and f150 route, still running the old shocks (for about 6 months, to boot) looked at the JCwhitney rancho 9000... didnt specify in the description if they were front or rear so i am hesitant to buy.
someone said before i could run shocks from the grand cherokee and wrangler on it with no problems.. can anyone throw in their .02?
im tryin to get it finished before i deploy for four months and the wife is stuck with it.
(currently two 60lb bags of concrete hold the ass end down so it doesn't limit out all the time)

thanks!

Well go and measure how long of shocks do you need. Find a ramp or a loading dock, disconnect and measure compressed and uncompressed lengths. Then look at www.gorancho.com where they have pdf's showing you differnt shock ends and choose whichever is appropriate for the application you go with (you might end up doing shock conversion and so on). Also search through this forum as this is not the first time this topic came up :D

Go down to your loacal off-road shop and ask. They will have all the appropriate material to look it up.

what color is you xj? i'm live on travis afb too, i've probably seen it. i have a red 87 cherokee cheif. just put on my 3" lift on friday. cant say much on what shocks to run, since i've had mine for 2 days. anyway let me know if you ever need help with you xj.

87cheif said:
what color is you xj? i'm live on travis afb too, i've probably seen it. i have a red 87 cherokee cheif. just put on my 3" lift on friday. cant say much on what shocks to run, since i've had mine for 2 days. anyway let me know if you ever need help with you xj.

I run the silver xj thats faded a bit in the rear and right side... with the "dont steal, the government hates competition" sticker on the drivers side.
i work fleet svs.

you in the dorms? or base housing? i've seen a silver xj with a bull bar and mud terrains. is that the one? i work on kc-10's, i was on the line for 4 years but now i work in a-check, in the 60 ems. where are you getting deployed?

housing, but no, i dont have any extras on it. just the lift, i got a set of brand new wrangler tires and wheels last year for 150$ so im runnin them to the ground before i get my bigger tires. 28" suck.

im headin to al udeid... funtastic heh? 130Deg. f#$k!
where do you wheel? im a local native here and been on station two years.. PM me or email me.

you got a pretty good deal on those tires and wheels!!!! i've been deployed to al-udeid. i was there for three months a year and a half ago. christmas and new year's in the deid sucks, i think i rather have that 130 degree weather. as far as wheelin', dude i havent wheeled on my xj yet. i need to get out there and do something. i guess if i was a local i would know some places. i'm from arizona, i know that if i was back home i would be wheelin'. anyway my email is [email protected] let me know if you want to go wheelin' before you go. later - oscar

Back