• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Suspension

Xj89Rj

NAXJA Forum User
I had a mechanic tell me that the front end, (being suspension and all the junk) needs to be replaced ASAP. Something like, if I hit a curb my tire will fall off, yeah that bad.. haha Anyway, The Xj has 200,000 miles and hasn't been taken care of, I assume.. He quoted 1,600 dollars for all the crap and labor.. What goes bad on under there after these miles and am I better off going ahead with a lift in the process of all this crap??

I don't know of anything that could be $1600 bad! Your tre's could be bad and maybe track bar. What are the symptoms of your problems?

hey man, i am the one that built the lift,longarms and bumper on jeremys jeep and built the bumper on drews jeep, they told me about your predicament, if you want to bring it down to my shop i can take a look at it for you and ill tell you honestly what needs works and install it for you because like georgia mike said for $1600 someone is just out for some money. PM me back if you would like some help or call me 770-377-4818

ridiculous if someone told me that i would laugh in there face, people at a local shop told me a thousand things where wrong with the suspension. told me the trackbar was bad when i olny have been running it for 1000 miles. i replaced the tres and was great. i probably spent 60-80 bucks.if the ball joints are bad they might freak out about that but for 200 you could swap in another d30 and steering. ask somewhere else these guys are trying to rip you off. and if you find that all the shops think it will be that you should lift it and have save money

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, Guys! Chris I'll definately give you a call..

The symptoms are the terrible squeaking when turning and the steering whines all the time no matter where I turn it. The steering just feels like driving a boat. It's loose and it's freaky. Other than that... I see fluid, but I think it's power steering. But, I can't really tell if it's worn or not.

Back