• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping in Mj d44.

GrapeApe

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody here done this? I know i need new brackets. What about rear driveshaft. I currently run a Tw driveshaft. Is this a worth while swap from a 8.25 29 spline.

Sean

A D44 is only a negligible and arguable strength upgrade from a 8.25, but you do lose c-clips in the process. To swap into a XJ, you'll need spring perches and shock mounts. You'll be able to reuse your original driveshaft.

is it complete? Drum to drum?
150 I would say is average for a d44 missing brakes. for a full axle I would buy it and if you didn't use it you could probably sell it for a profit. Especially to someone with an MJ.
Wish I could find one.

If your 8.25 is already locked and geared, I wouldn't bother with doing it again on the D44. Hell, if you have that much time on your hands you can work on my junk.

Lawn Cher' said:
If your 8.25 is already locked and geared, I wouldn't bother with doing it again on the D44. Hell, if you have that much time on your hands you can work on my junk.

My 8.25 is stock. Hoping to regear this spring..

GrapeApe said:
My 8.25 is stock. Hoping to regear this spring..

I thought you had a pretty built rig... didn't do anything with the axles yet?

Back