• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Used OME Suspension

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
On a local bulletin Board there is a set of OME springs, fronts and rears, listed for $200. The owner states they have 20K miles on them and the springs originally listed for $450. Seems like a deal since the least expensive I could find for a new complete system is $925. I would install these on my 2000XJ daily driver with a 50 mile daily commute.

Besides the OME shocks, what else would I need to purchase to make this a complete OME system?

I'm going to call him later today about the springs. I know all purchases off a bulletin board are buyer beware, but...is there anything I sould be on the look out for? Hopefully he just got inchitis and that is why he replaced.

Thanks,
Tom

Hey if you don't take those springs can you give me the name and number of the guy selling them I just got some 29X11.5 tires and I want to upgrade my stock ride height to those exact springs. I've already upgraded my shocks so I would be able to just swap those over. You don't REALLY want those springs now do you :)

-Jamie

The shocks are all that you really need from OME.

You will want to confirm the part numbers on the coils, and leafs so that you end up buying the correct shocks.

Some people actually use ZJ coils, and HD leafs, which may be a consideration in terms of the type of shocks you pick out ( standard, 'C', 'L'?).

A T/C drop kit, or extended shackles may be future considerations.

Thanks for the info. Sorry Jamie, I bought them. He did get inchitis and installed a 4.5" on his. He told me they were normal duty and he had the soft valved shocks on with it.
I'll keep an eye open for you.
Tom

Darn it! Oh well. If you find someone looking to sell another OME lift PLEASE let me know. I am hunting around all over the place trying to find one of those.

Thanks,
Jamie

Back