• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Fall Out

vazquezg

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. Im a new owner. During off roading day the front coil spring fall out during articulation. My Cherokee is lifted 9.5" with 35 tires.

Suggestion to correct the situation, please?

Hi. Im a new owner. During off roading day the front coil spring fall out during articulation. My Cherokee is lifted 9.5" with 35 tires.

Suggestion to correct the situation, please?

9.5"!! 8>0
Lower it and put on Limit straps. No need to articulate past the point wight comes off your spring.

9.5" damn! That is a hell of a lot of lift for 35's. I am running 37" Krawlers with 5.5" of lift. Limiting straps is your best bet to keep the springs from falling out. In reality once your coil starts falling out of the bucket, you have limited down pressure on the drooping tire, and no real traction. Even though it looks cool, it is really not "usable flex".

Need pics!

Can guarantee the lift wasn't done the right way. Come back down from the nosebleeds, lot of problems will go away

On my zj i extended the top where the stock bump stop was.. Limiting straps def a good idea, but the longer post will make the coil not fall out at least. This was especially needed in the rear, but our xjs are leaf sprung so not an issue

Last edited:
limit straps and coil retainers. cheap and easy.

Isnt there spring retainers on the axle spring perch already?
Might just be a zj thing. They arent as good as aftermarket by any stretch, just a bolted on tab

Last edited:
Isnt there a spring retainers on the axle sspring perch already?
Might just be a zj thing. They arent as good as aftermarket by any stretch, just a bolted on tab

There should be on the spring perch but both of mine took a hike and I do not know when and where.

Yea! Limit straps is your friend.

Those retainers are cheap

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Retainers only go so far but if it's properly bump-stopped and shocked it can't happen!

Back