• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your Favorite Tire

Samman

NAXJA Forum User
What is you all time favorite tire ( small guys like 235's 31's etc) or favorite

tread? in terms of reliability and off road/ on road performance, no polls just

write what works well ( or what sucks)

for road usage/ snow. BFG AT's

For off road, mud, and on road.... Interco Trxus

my least favorite tire ever is a close tie between the stock wranglers and Kelly Chargers(had them on a blazer) no traction on any type of surface.

my favorites were original Bridgestone Dueler a/t's C.1999, I just got a set of new Dueler A/T revo's that I'm really starting to like, but haven't really had them off road yet or in the snow.

BCParker said:
my favorites were original Bridgestone Dueler a/t's
x2 I had these on my jeep when i bought it. they were awsome in the snow, rain, and did well for an a/t in the mud.

BFG AT KO's right now 31's but on all my other previous vehicles either 33" or 35" (had a few full size broncos). might try to climb a size or so after the new springs, the bb isnt working out as planned, working on a new plan as i type.

My Right Front.:)

X2 on the Duelers. I had them on a Olds Bravada...you would have thought it was a Jeep from the places I went in that.

Least favorite was some goodyear AT's that I replaced the duelers with....Flat after flat after flat:(

Trxus MTs for everything! :D Or for offroad only, Boggers and LTBs come in 31s. SSRs even go down to 27".
Jeep on!
--Pete

my Toyo Open Country AT's outperform my friends bfg ats in the mud on a regular basis. I think they look infinitely better too (at least when they are all shiney'd up for going to the mall, or on the "sick" 22 inch rims on all these h2's. dont give up on them just because you see them on every h2 with huge bling machine wheels around town :laugh3: )

http://www.adventureaccessories.com/acc.pics.h2/exterior/tires/toyo.at.20s.700.jpg

Pete M said:
Trxus MTs for everything! :D Jeep on!
--Pete
X2. I'm on my second set. Went from 31's to 33's. JIM.

ive driven on MTR's, BFG AT's, BFG Mud Terrains, Interco Trxus.. and the trxus were the best all around in my opinion!

hated the 35" Pro Crap M/Ts- wore fast at first then they were hard to keep balanced. Once they got down to about 1/3 tread they were REALLY loud. Sidewalls are super easy to cut.

love my 35" MTRs- quiet on the street, balance well, and sidewalls hold up really good. I have almost 20K on this set and they have a little over 1/2 tread left.

My favorite's have changed quite a few times over the years, but i think i've found a set to stick with.
Aurora's rt/02's Never heard of 'em before I bought them.
Paid $880 for the set on sale, regular $1100
Amazing tire for mud. And throw one hell of a roost.

Heres an old pic after first getting them on with the old ford wheels before i got my new eagle rims.(33x12.5's)
Picture022.jpg

Last edited:
Retreads!!!!

i like my BFG muds.

I've had 31" BFG MTs (pre-KOs,) 32" MT/Rs and 32" ProComp MTs. They all wore about the same, but the MT/Rs seem to ride better on road. I would say all 3 performed about the same off road, but think the MT/Rs have a better sidewall than the ProComps or BFGs.

With that said, I plan to go with the TrXus MTs, but can you guys tell me where you've been buying them? Online or your local shops. Thanks!

burby777 said:
I've had 31" BFG MTs (pre-KOs,) 32" MT/Rs and 32" ProComp MTs. They all wore about the same, but the MT/Rs seem to ride better on road. I would say all 3 performed about the same off road, but think the MT/Rs have a better sidewall than the ProComps or BFGs.

With that said, I plan to go with the TrXus MTs, but can you guys tell me where you've been buying them? Online or your local shops. Thanks!
I get mine at a local used car dealer. Within $10 of the online places but without shipping tacked on. JIM.

Back