• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How ill-prepared are you?

In following the usual tradition of listing work needed I'll start...

All I need to take the red Jeep is shocks and to fix the gaping exhaust leak I picked up on Swamp Lake. After that I'm ready go.

Maybe I'll even get it ready before the zero hour!

YOu even take measurements for shocks, jerk?

Just got done installing the d30 aussie locker a couple of hours ago =)

Things left to do:
Paint the header panel and fender (this one just keep getting put off, it probably will get pushed back again)
Paint the bare metal roof rack, courtesy of nates 4x4 =)
Trim the rear fenders
Install the CB
Trick the GF into believing christmas is in feburary and that I should get an RE 5.5 kit

It's all back in one piece now, but I'm not driving 2900 miles with a 10 foot ginpole and a dana 60 dangling from the front bumper so I'll have to pass.

Leaky fuel filter
leaky fuel pump housing
leaky exhaust manifold
running hot
tires have seen better days.

Leaky as in lose? Or cracked?

1A auto sells a good stock replacement for around $100

I am running a 1aauto manifold. its good, just check to make sure the mounting surface is true before you mount it... I had to swap the first one out for a replacement

So who all wants to do a work day at the shop? We can bring out a BBQ and ether everyone pitch in a few bucks for some meat, or everyone brings their own stuff to throw on the grill.

We have two work bays (possibility of two post lift access, pending), plenty of alley parking and lot parking, assortment of tools/equipment and can tackle nearly any small projects.

So who all wants to do a work day at the shop? We can bring out a BBQ and ether everyone pitch in a few bucks for some meat, or everyone brings their own stuff to throw on the grill.

We have two work bays (possibility of two post lift access, pending), plenty of alley parking and lot parking, assortment of tools/equipment and can tackle nearly any small projects.

Most important question.. WHEN? Pretty sure a weekend in march is best for me.

My small list of NEEDS to be done on the heep:
Swap in my Tomken leafs/JKS shackles (my bastard pack rides rough, sure shackle angle doesn't help much)
Install off-road lights I got from Crazyjim
Install e-fan setup
Replace tie rod TRE's
Tune CB radio

List of WANT to be done.
Install CAD brackets/adjustable control arms
Better than stock seats (don't have these yet)
97+ front door swap (don't have these either)
Make/install adapter for my 31" spare tire to fit in stock location

Last edited:

by small projects do you mean put a cage in my rig? :D

Got my leafs replaced, rides a bit low in the rear but I can live with it for now.

Time for the steering ;(

Back