• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meeting Frequency(speak up or shut up)

How often should NAXJA-CO get together

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like every other month because during the down is when you work on your Heep, looking for stuff to do cause you are bored etc................that would make 6 sanctioned Chapter events a year not including Colorado fest and individual trail runs during the season.

As I mentioned in the other thread......

Are you asking for Chapter meetings or informal Meet & Greets here? There is a difference.

Chapter meeting: Somewhat formal in nature, meeting minutes are discussed, new/old business is discussed, open forum for members to make suggestions, give ideas or whatever, voting on issues/events, treasurer gives account status, ect.

Meet & Greet: Simple gathering of Chapter folks to talk XJ's, make wheeling trip plans, socialize, etc.

Meet & Greets aren't something that the Chapter BOD has to attend, Chapter meetings require at least one BOD member, but generally are ineffective without 3.

If I'm understanding this poll - you're asking that the Chapter embrace a formal schedule for meetings (be they M&G's or Chapter meetings). If we do that, that's technically having the Chapter sponsor the activity - bylaws call that an "event"....... so can we condone alcohol at this "event"? Conduct could become an issue?

Seems to me, we as Chapter members already have the means in place to do informal Meet & Greets without forcing the Chapter BOD to officially structure a schedule........... If someone wants to do a M&G - POST UP! Ya don't need the Chapter's approval, help, permission, or whatever - just do it.

But our required quarterly Chapter meetings have indeed fallen by the wayside - and I certainly would like to see those get re-instated.

Actually, you want some good fodder for researching the success/failure of trying to get folks organized for a Chapter Meeting or Meet&Greet?

Search the Chapter forum using "Chapter meeting" and "meet greet" as title only search terms. Read some of those threads...... interesting and humorous!

Actually, you want some good fodder for researching the success/failure of trying to get folks organized for a Chapter Meeting or Meet&Greet?

Search the Chapter forum using "Chapter meeting" and "meet greet" as title only search terms. Read some of those threads...... interesting and humorous!

Definitely humorous!

As I said in the thread that started all this. Not the actually official business meetings, but fun social events like Colorado Fest. Kind of like the parent having to push the child out the door, same thing here. Part of this whole group is a social piece. It is like having senior activities planned in a nursing home...............schedule it cause they won't do it unless you start them on it!! :party: .......that and I would like to say Meet-n-greet here and there, but why should I be the only one with ideas? :D

............know what I am saying G? "Build it and they will come!"

BTW; Yes,Yella I am following your arse on the board tonight. Can't let you get the last word in. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
............know what I am saying G? "Build it and they will come!"

Sorry, but realistically, I've found that it's more like "Build it and a few will come." The rest will bitch that there wasn't enough notice, or they had prior commitments, or it was too far away, or.......

Sorry, but realistically, I've found that it's more like "Build it and a few will come." The rest will bitch that there wasn't enough notice, or they had prior commitments, or it was too far away, or.......

..............you can please some of the people some of time, but you can not please all the people all the time!

If you give it enough time to plan in advance, then they bitch about not enough time it is their own dang fault............. that is why we are glad we have your dedication there YELLA! .........why don't we have planned event and then the 5 of us can do what ever we want after the business meeting part is done? I bring Rock Band and JohnJOhn can do lead vocals :D

I'm getting pretty exhausted by all of this recent discussion. The discussion around when we should meet, where we should meet, and what the structure of the meetings should be.

Let me give you a couple of definitions I have for things...

Chapter Event: Something where we actually do something (trail run, BBQ Show/Shine at the lake, weekend camp/wheel, week long Fest wheeling/camping, etc)

Chapter Meeting: Something where we actually plan the Events above, discuss chapter business, drink beer, eat wings, jab and insult each other, talk trash, etc

Now with that said I could care less if NAXJA requires we have minutes, that we don't drink beer, that we hold hands and sing the NAXJA song. I could care less if a BOD member is there either.

I DON'T FRICKING CARE what they REQUIRE.

If they even have any requirements. I don't think they have any by-laws regarding meetings and structure. I believe these issues where brought up by attention seeking BOD members trying to put this group in a box. Thinking that would help us organize better. These "rules" about meetings are keeping people away(myself included). At a Chapter Meeting we have business to discuss, then after that let's enjoy each others company and knowledge.

I believe for events to be planned, attended and enjoyed meetings must be consistent in time and place(maybe revolving place). An event like Moab Fall Fling takes over a year of planning. Co-Fest should be just as big, if not bigger.

Meeting twice a year is not going to do it.

If events are important to everyone. I personally would like to see a monthly meeting time set from February to September. Not everyone will be able to attend every meeting. Then a simple Meeting in Nov or Dec would be fine.

Event planning can take place and the commitments to those events can be posted in the forum. The BOD should have final say what, when, where events are going to take place. If you don't like the events for the previous year, vote out the BOD. ...simple

Make a calendar! As a Fire Fighter I had to pick my vacations up to 15 months in advance. Put, say 6 meetings, 4 of which are business followed by meet and greet. The other 2 or more non-official meetings can be meet and greet. List club activities on the calendar. List out side events, ie. UFWDA and CAFWD meetings, also things like Lefthand Canyon ORV clean-up in Boulder County (which is May 2 at 9:00am). Vote on a list of what trails our members would like to do in the next coming year at an official meeting (say in the fall) and put them on the calendar. High altitude trails mid summer and so on. Leave the leaders name and meeting place for the run blank until someone volunteers. If no one volunteers to lead within 2 weeks of the event, cancel it. Other clubs list snowmobile runs, beach parties, and show and shine get together events also.

Wow, the VW/Audi forums don't have these issues trying to set up simple get-togethers. Its called a once a month, informal gathering of forum members for the purpose of making friends and swapping drinks/stories. We normally do them at places like Dave and Busters or Woody's Woodfired Pizza. The VW/Audi forum I am involved with in the springs has weekly gtg's. Same time, same place every weekend. From there a restraunt or activity is decided.

Back