• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Recommendations

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
Did a ton of searching, and unless I missed something I didn't really find what I was looking for.

What I need is some shock recommendations for a 3" lift. I Don't do a ton of wheelin, so it needs to be something that responds well to the road. However, i'm not lookin for that "caddy like ride quality", just somethinig that's decent and worth the money.

Thanks for your help!

7100SB.jpg

Bilstein 7100, great rebuildable shock.

Bilstein 5150, good shock for the money.

I just put a set of 5150's on & it made a believer out of me. Very nice firm ride, but won't beat you to death

Rob $.02

I've heard $ky-jacker nitro shocks give a decent ride, thats what I plan to go with on my mix and match lift. They won't break the bank either only $60 a piece (Canadian)

Thanks for the suggestions yall, now I just gotta find a place that i can get them at a decent price....I like the look of the 5150's....

I have DT3000 and I hate 'em....I suggest stay away

Looks like i'm going BDS...went and talked to the guys at Tarheel 4wd and he told me to steer far clear of the Rancho's, which is what I was considering. Plus he gave me a great price on the shocks and gave me a lot of good recommendations.

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody!

Bilstein. There is no reason to buy anything else.

7100 if you love your jeep and plan to keep it forever.

5150 if you are cheap and just want to get by.

2001XJ said:
I have DT3000 and I hate 'em....I suggest stay away

I have the DT3000 and think they are not bad for the price, however this is coming off some Ranchos. I plan on keeping my DT3000 as I have already kept them for longer than I planned when I bought them. If you have the money Bilsteins or OME are the way to go.

Back