• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the laundry list

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
new to me XJ needs things.

hitch
front hooks/bumper
door check straps
late model rear bumper end caps.
rear bumper
not broken dome light, it's the one with map lights, not a console.

I'm sure more to be added.
cheap is the name of the game here. This thing is beater winter driver/trail rig.

yes, I'm back into trail rig.

I can't remember if I promised my hooks to anyone, if I don't remember if I did. In a few weeks I will have front hooks for you, either parts train, usps flat rate box or meet up if you are ever in Indiana. I think the only person I might have promised them to was on here. Probably be best to get some new grade 8 bolts if you do get them.

Except for the hooks, I got all of those parts.

Not sure if you're coming this way anytime soon.

I can't remember if I promised my hooks to anyone, if I don't remember if I did. In a few weeks I will have front hooks for you, either parts train, usps flat rate box or meet up if you are ever in Indiana. I think the only person I might have promised them to was on here. Probably be best to get some new grade 8 bolts if you do get them.

I can install them in a campground.

Except for the hooks, I got all of those parts.

Not sure if you're coming this way anytime soon.

I will see. I've got to meet john mid november, it's not that far of a detour.

one I forgot, gray late model steering wheel with an intact airbag/horn

some moron tore this one out for no good reason. At least they didn't set off the passenger side.

Nate I've got everything but a front bumper & hooks.

Infact I have a (hard frontal hit) 1999 parts xj I'm looking to piece out. Was just waiting till closer to Winterfest to start peddling...

Last edited:
I've got an airbag. Which style do you have? IIRC you ended up with a '97, which had two different style air bags...

I have both, just not sure which one you're in need of. Would fit in a medium flat rate box if you can't find something local.

Edit to add: I've got steering wheels as well if you need them, leather isn't in great shape though.

Nate, I too have rear caps, a steering wheel out of a 98 w/ cruise w/ airbag (and module if you want it) possibly aset of hooks, will have to check. I will look for a dome light as well in my parts bins. I can bring to Johns when I head up next month. Maybe we can coordinate a date that we meet at Johns and even see some other ugly mugs while there. Oh, and price is free, bitch.

Cheese "yez, I called youz a bitch" Man

Nate, I too have rear caps, a steering wheel out of a 98 w/ cruise w/ airbag (and module if you want it) possibly aset of hooks, will have to check. I will look for a dome light as well in my parts bins. I can bring to Johns when I head up next month. Maybe we can coordinate a date that we meet at Johns and even see some other ugly mugs while there. Oh, and price is free, bitch.

Cheese "yez, I called youz a bitch" Man

lols.

I'm planning on meeting John the weekend of the 15th.

i haven't pulled codes or anything, but since the light is on I figure the module is good.

no idea why yo uwould do this:
IMG_1413733857991_zpsjvuff9fw.jpg

I've got an airbag. Which style do you have? IIRC you ended up with a '97, which had two different style air bags...

I have both, just not sure which one you're in need of. Would fit in a medium flat rate box if you can't find something local.

Edit to add: I've got steering wheels as well if you need them, leather isn't in great shape though.

I am unsure how to tell the difference.

enlighten me, if cheese's 98 wheel doesn't work, I will take yours.

the airbag and a VSS will make all the warning lights go away on this pile.

I am unsure how to tell the difference.

enlighten me, if cheese's 98 wheel doesn't work, I will take yours.

the airbag and a VSS will make all the warning lights go away on this pile.

Actually I'm not sure what the difference in the actual wheel is either. I'll check when I get home and let you know.

But here are the two styles of airbags:
mTCgsGI_OQW-gU9SXiDM4Hg.jpg

Airbag%2520Driver%252002.jpg

hell I've never even seen that top one. My wife's 01 has the same standard chrysler one like the bottom image.

I believe the top image were on SE model(stripper) equipped XJs. There were no steering wheel controls on those vehicles.

ok. So I guess I need to see if this thing has a cruise actuator or not.

good tips.

I believe the top image were on SE model(stripper) equipped XJs. There were no steering wheel controls on those vehicles.
I think I've seen those on early 97 XJ's, but I know I've seen them on Wranglers. FWIW my 2000 had the bottom style, and no cruse. There where covers without buttons on it. I've also seen that style of bag on several XJ's without cruse...

I'm gonna have to look into this nonsense.

if the clock springs are all the same 97+ then I'll just replace it with whatever steering wheel that I can get.

Back