• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headed to the lake!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Instead of Nascar next week we are going to the lake for the first time this season. Here's my '66 Aquacraft V-drive with a Chevy 383 stroker and it hauls ass plus it pulls a lot of skiers.
Resized_20201116_153903%5B1%5D.jpeg

Nice looking boat enjoy your vacation P.S. what lake are you going to?

Bartlett, it's close to me.

I'm hungry already !!!

The best part of next week is I get to eat better than any other time of the year. There is about twenty of us and we share different days on dinners. The breakfast is more like a buffet with eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, hash browns, chorizo, tortilla's, etc. Lunch is usually a free for all with who can eat and snacks/left-over's. But for the dinners, nothing but the best, we usually start out slow until everyone arrives (different days) with things like burgers and brats. That escalates into Cajun night with a mud-bug boil, Steak night, Seafood might(salmon/lobster/shrimp), Fry-night we deep fat fry a whole turkey(or two) and also deep fry a ham along with things like jalapeno poppers, egg rolls and everything else we can think of. And of course lots of alcohol! :party:

Re: I'm hungry already !!!

The best part of next week is I get to eat better than any other time of the year. There is about twenty of us and we share different days on dinners. The breakfast is more like a buffet with eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, hash browns, chorizo, tortilla's, etc. Lunch is usually a free for all with who can eat and snacks/left-over's. But for the dinners, nothing but the best, we usually start out slow until everyone arrives (different days) with things like burgers and brats. That escalates into Cajun night with a mud-bug boil, Steak night, Seafood might(salmon/lobster/shrimp), Fry-night we deep fat fry a whole turkey(or two) and also deep fry a ham along with things like jalapeno poppers, egg rolls and everything else we can think of. And of course lots of alcohol! :party:
Sounds delicious enjoy it all

Instead of Nascar next week we are going to the lake for the first time this season. Here's my '66 Aquacraft V-drive with a Chevy 383 stroker and it hauls ass plus it pulls a lot of skiers.
Resized_20201116_153903%5B1%5D.jpeg

Now! That is my kind of fun work!

A Chevy 350 or 454 bored, stroked bolted to a Borg Warner transmission or a MerCruiser stern drive and amateur race with the guys to an isolated beach,...

That was back in the Virgin Islands.

I know you are going to have fun. It is about time you do (after the XJ).

All camping is good, but...... it was really cold, it rained, it sleeted, and it snowed! Maybe the girls will put something up on facebook, but I can't do photos. The trailer did pretty good but I got to get the solar going so I can get off the generators! I also need to check the LP to see how much we went thru.

I haven’t figured out how to wash dishes efficiently. Do you have full hookups, use a lot of throwaway stuff, or wash outside?

Edit no hookups if you are worried about generators....

Your fresh water tank size will determine how efficient you have to be!!!

My original pop-up only had 20gals, my toy hauler had a 100gal, and my new travel trailer only has 46gals of fresh. I worry more about my black water than anything else as we usually go camping for at least a week! You definitely have to do dishes in small single loads and the same with rinsing.

For dish washing I use a small plastic tub that just fits in the sink. When full I dump it outside instead of draining into the gray tank. Most of the time I'm camping solo so end up just washing everything outside.

Back