• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atlas support bracket

stickandrudder

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey guys, how many of you with atlas cases are running a rear support bracket? I saw in one post a guy said he’s using the TMR. I just pulled the trigger on a 2 speed and I’m wondering if anyone has had any issues with it hanging off the back of the aw4. On the AA site they said flexy frames can damage it if using a support bracket, I’m thinking that even with my stiffeners I’m still decently flexy. Definitely no tube buggy.

Last edited:
If you run a brace/support, it has to mount off of the trans mount adapter or tie in a identical manner.

I do not have a brace on my 2-speed and have never heard of anyone having issues without a brace on an AW-4 or AX-15 or NV-anything.

Support brkt shouldn't be needed. I don't have one on my 2 speed/AW15 and no issues yet, although I've only got a handful of trips on it. And speaking of installing an Atlas, buy, steal,or borrow a tranny jack. The HF one is 100 bucks and well worth it...the Atlas is one heavy SOB.

No brace on my Atlas II. many many wheeling trips, lots of big boulders to stress the frame, no frame stiffeners yet. No problem. I do have urethane motor and rear mounts, the stock rear rubber mount tended to collapse, maybe cause they were plain ole rubber mounts. the urethane mounts are good upgrades.

Never run a rear support. Been airborn probably 10,000 times.

No brace on my Atlas II. many many wheeling trips, lots of big boulders to stress the frame, no frame stiffeners yet. No problem. I do have urethane motor and rear mounts, the stock rear rubber mount tended to collapse, maybe cause they were plain ole rubber mounts. the urethane mounts are good upgrades.

Good idea. I have the brown dog engine mounts but I’m still running the stock tranny mount. I’ll pick one up. Thanks!

A good belly skid is suggested. That big old chunk of aluminum is a rock magnet. ��

Back