• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring sag/ issues after rear bumper and armor.

Talmond

NAXJA Forum User
After adding rear bumper, armor and spare tire I’m having a whole new set of issues. Jeep is a 99 Xj with IronRock 3 inch lift and full 3.5 in leaf spring pack and Doetsch shocks. At first all seemed well noticed a little sag but no issues. Even drove to BadLands (4 hour drive) with no issues. After playing in the quarry my rear shocks were able to pull out of the top mounts I also broke a rear pinion yoke at this time. I was able to get fixed (kind of) and finish the weekend. I’m wondering what’s going to be the best option for gaining lift back after so much added weight. Iron recommended starting with their boomerang shackles and going from there.

003d0f53d00491a196f49d401b9e4e33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What shackles are you running now? Spacers are easy enough for the front.

If shackles don’t add the lift back would the next step be an add a leaf in addition to the 3.5 leaf pack ?

What about rear pinion angle and drop shackles. Currently my leafs have a 4 degree shim and I have the Adams sye kit and drive shaft. On the drive home I had some driveline vibes return. Wondering if the loss of lift caused this.

Whats does it look like now? If you're only adding length to the shackle you should be ok.

So add a leaf vs the drop shackle ? IronRock recommends shackles first. Is there a specific reason for this. Would adding a leaf make the suspension super stiff ?

So add a leaf vs the drop shackle ? IronRock recommends shackles first. Is there a specific reason for this. Would adding a leaf make the suspension super stiff ?

Like I said a pic would help. Add a leaf could compromise the angle worse than shackles but can't tell you without looking at it.

Back