• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fire Extinguishers...

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Work better if they are pointed the right direction. :D
7285001d.jpg

DeftwillP said:
so......story?
Well, It was the aftermath of having a hotwire that wasn't fused melt to the floorboard of his jeep because the exaughst sits too close to the floorboard.

Melted the harness and switches that go to the ARB's
88e7b6aa.jpg

a3b28fd2.jpg

at least after the blast to the face, he got it out OK.

Rev Den said:
Remeber to shake those dry chems every now and again, so the valve don't stick open and keep going LONG after the fire is out.

:D

Rev

I agree with that. I can also confirm that, the extinguisher riding around in the back of a Jeep does not constitute shaking "every now and then".

:D

I never knew that only the dash was swapped on RHDs, I though that EVERYTHING was opposite. I just noticed the ugly stick and Ebrake are on the "normal" side.

XJ98Jeep said:
I never knew that only the dash was swapped on RHDs, I though that EVERYTHING was opposite. I just noticed the ugly stick and Ebrake are on the "normal" side.
I have wheeled with those guys on several occasions and it was the first time I ever noticed that the windshield wipers hinge on the wrong side of the jeep too. Thought that was kind of weird.

Back