• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socket Roll Group Buy

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
Since everyone volunteered all at once...

It looks like the group buy would be in increments of ten. I don't see enough interest for 20, but I think we can hit 10. Myself, David Bricker, Al and Peter all seem to be interested.

If we get to ten then I am willing to collect the funds, place the order and then try to send these out via Parts Train. If we get our acts together soon enough it might be possible to distribute some of these at SoCalFest. If someone needs theirs shipped then that would cost extra for that individual.

I will start the list here. If you want one then copy the list and paste in your response with your name filled in. If you want more than one then sign up on more than one line.

From what I gather the only production units that are available are in blue. I suspect if we want different colors we are looking at a longer lead time and most likely not a snowball's chance of having these in time for SoCalFest. I also don't know if Chris would be inclined to send out a mixed batch. So for the time being I am operating on the premise that we are ordering all of these in blue. If Chris wants to chime in and offer other options we can then jump off that bridge. For now, assume blue.

1. Anak
2. Anak

1. Anak
2. Anak
3. Nimrod
4. Brick
5. Lil' Brick

Put me down #6 I guess. On tapa

Assuming Peter wants one, that leaves three more slots to fill.

Thank you Tone. I should have linked that thread.

If you look at the funding campaign you will see that they have an option for purchasing 10 of these for $400 + shipping. Nimrod has volunteered to try to pick these up from the vendor, so we might be able to avoid the shipping charge entirely (assuming there isn't some detail that prevents this). Nimrod would be taking them to SoCalFest and we would distribute them from there, parts training them as needed for folks who aren't making it to SoCalFest.

I think that means we are looking at $40 apiece. Maybe plus tax since we are in California and so is the vendor (I don't know if the funding campaign price already includes this or not).

Note that we would have to place our order by the end of this month in order to take advantage of this pricing, and we might need to get the order in even before that if Nimrod is going to have an opportunity to pick them up in time to get them to SoCalFest.

Hey Guys! Wow! I appreciate all the support here. You guys Rock (pun intended)! I do need to clear a few things up though, just so there is no confusion.

Anak: “From what I gather the only production units that are available are in blue”
a. Yes, this is correct. However you will have color options when placing your orders in the expectation that we meet the “Ready to ROLL” amounts listed on the Indiegogo page

“…it might be possible to distribute some of these at SoCalFest.”
a. Technically the campaign ends on May 1st and from what I understand SoCalFest is during that first week, but correct me if I am wrong. I will do my best to get them out to you guys before then, but it all depends on my manufacturer and the volume we have to fulfill. I will absolutely try my hardest though. The question I have for you all is on color. Are you all OK with receiving one in blue? The reason I ask is that it makes it easier to get them out if I am not waiting on different color from the manufacturer.

“I also don't know if Chris would be inclined to send out a mixed batch”
a. Please elaborate on this.

“If Chris wants to chime in and offer other options we can then jump off that bridge”
a. The only other option I have is a larger (very large) group order. If we can get 100+ over various forums and contacts then I would be able to push and order through for various colors faster, but that is all dependent on the amount of orders we can get. Otherwise, blue it is.

“so we might be able to avoid the shipping charge entirely”
a. The shipping charge for the order of 10 is only $20, which is $2 per person and to get them in a hurry (before SoCalFest) I would have them shipped directly from the manufacturer.

“Maybe plus tax since we are in California”
a. Tax is included in the price, so no worries for you guys there [FONT=&quot]:)[/FONT]

I hope I answered the questions for you all. Let me know if you have any more and I appreciate all the support from the NAXJA forum.

Have a good night.

Chris

Blue is fine with me, and I cannot imagine that color would be an issue for anyone. We're talking about a tool holder here, not a tuxedo. Mine'll be coated in grease soon enough regardless.

Blue is fine with me. Only other color I'd be interested in would be grey, so no biggie.

David Bricker / SYR

Color is satisfactory

1. Anak
2. Anak
3. Nimrod
4. Brick
5. Lil' Brick
6. Johnnie Walker
7. Redheep
8. Redheep

Let me know what the cost is since I'm on the wrong coast. If they're all going to SoCalFest, maybe someone can drop them in a USPS.

1. Anak
2. Anak
3. Nimrod
4. Brick
5. Lil' Brick
6. Johnnie Walker
7. Redheep
8. Redheep
9. karstic

That looks like ten.

I will hold off for a few days just to see if a bunch of folks show up wanting a roll such that we end up pushing this to 20, but the first ten is now a definite.

Back