• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Multiple p020x errors

Bentstick

NAXJA Forum User
Bought my XJ new in '96, and I've got 225,000 miles on it so far and hoping to get many more on it before it gets retired.

Some history: 3 years ago it was running pretty rough, CEL codes intermittently popping p020x and p030x codes. Replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, coil, and injectors. Finally replaced the PCM to resolve the issues.

Last October I started the CEL came on again and I replaced the #1 injector wiring connector and my rig ran great, up until a week ago. This occurred after hauling several load of 1/2 cords of firewood home. (These CEL problems seem to occur most often when towing heavy loads).

So now here it is 8 months later and I felt the rough idle, then shortly thereafter the CEL lit. Using the on/off three times with the key i got several 27 and 43 codes. removed all injector connections and sprayed them with CLC and reconnected. On my test drive it ran much worse, so I took it to the local Napa Auto Parts store and pulled the codes. The codes are p0201, p0205, p0206, p0301, p0302, p0304, p0305, and p0306.

Misfire on almost all cylinders and fuel injector trouble on three of them!

I've inspected the wiring harness and can see no chafing or other obvious problems. Checked the resistance on all injector circuits and didn't find anything jumping out at me.

Anyone have any ideas about where I should look next?

Thanks

Back