• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions for basic 2" lift kit?

Beast XJ01

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, don't do any real trail riding or offroad, it's a daily driver...

2001 Cherokee Sport 4WD.

I'd like to get a 2" lift kit, so I can give it a better (more aggressive) look, and not lose out on highway driving smoothness. I plan to add 30" tires later this year.

I'd like to keep it under $200 FOR THE KIT, I've seen a few options, rough Country, TomKen, etc.

Any suggestions for best performance for the price? Remember, this is for a daily driver, not a trail rig.... I know offroad $200 would be a joke.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Beast

Last edited:
thanks all! I guess AAL is the way to go. I like the RockLizard suggestion, but that is $300 and doesn't include shocks.....and I am not is a position to build my own kit from parts like they did.

What about The Rough Country 3" SUSPENSION LIFT KIT WITH SHOCKS kit?

• Raises vehicle's height for increased ground clearance on larger tires
  • Heavy-duty components survive years of hard usage
  • Better protection, more comfort on the highway and more control off-road !
Complete kit at a low price! Everything needed for a complete lift. Withstand conditions that cause stock suspensions to fail. Allows space for larger tires. 4 Hydro 8000 shocks feature radial tuned velocity sensitive valving, huge capacity and oversized construction. Kit includes front coil springs, rear add-a-leaf springs, lift block with U bolts and shocks. Shock boots sold separately, 16165G.
This lift kit is designed for XJ's with DANA 35 rear ends and only include "U" bolts for the 2.75" axle tube.

that's basically an AAL, new coils, and block spacer system right? And includes new shocks... and at a price under $300.

I would go either the Rubico2" or the BDS 2"

xjjeepthing said:
I would go either the Rubico2" or the BDS 2"

Rubicon Express 2" BB ? I can find for a little over $233 with shocks.... can't find any pricing for BDS except manuafacturer MSRP over $400.

The RE seems highly rated in reviews. That looks like the way to go.

Beast

Beast XJ01 said:
Rubicon Express 2" BB ? I can find for a little over $233 with shocks.... can't find any pricing for BDS except manuafacturer MSRP over $400.

The RE seems highly rated in reviews. That looks like the way to go.

Beast

http://www.4by4connection.com/chcopi.html

Kinda pricey for a BB. Only difference I can tell is that BDS includes U-bolts. I think you can find U-bolts for less than $130.

At www.jeepinoutfitters.com you can get a full-length AAL for $20 bucks more as opposed to the short AAL the kit comes with.

dude in an xj said:
http://www.4by4connection.com/chcopi.html

Kinda pricey for a BB. Only difference I can tell is that BDS includes U-bolts. I think you can find U-bolts for less than $130.

At www.jeepinoutfitters.com you can get a full-length AAL for $20 bucks more as opposed to the short AAL the kit comes with.

Looks like I'm gonna go with the RE 6160 kit. Jeepinoutfitters seems to be the best price. Everyone (except ebay) appears to be $233...but they have the best price on the full leaf instead of 1/2 leaf.

Beast

I had an 86 Pioneer and ran 2" front spring spacers and 2" blocks on the rear. I did this for over 2 years off and on road and had no problems. It also cost less than $100.

2" spacer and add a mainleaf from another xj pack to yours. Probably be under 100$

Beast the BDS lift is made in MI , you should be able to find a local dealer and save some cash. I like there 2" kit because it is a new set of coils and a full AAL. Give these guys a call, there in your area.
RBR OFFROAD OUTFITTERS & TRUCK ACCESSORIES, LLC
5534 DIXIE HIGHWAY
WATERFORD, MI 48329
248-623-3459

xjjeepthing said:
Beast the BDS lift is made in MI , you should be able to find a local dealer and save some cash. I like there 2" kit because it is a new set of coils and a full AAL. Give these guys a call, there in your area.
RBR OFFROAD OUTFITTERS & TRUCK ACCESSORIES, LLC
5534 DIXIE HIGHWAY
WATERFORD, MI 48329
248-623-3459

Sweet, I'll look into it, the prices for the BDS (that I've been able to find) have been higher than the others.

Beast

Well, ordered the RE 6160 with full length AAL today from JeepinOutfitters. they had the best price. DPG and Mesa did respond to emails for pricing, but Jeepin still beat out.

will update after install, along with the new bumpers from JCRoffroad.

Beast

Soak your bolts on your rear shocks w/ PB Blaster...lots of PB Blaster and wd-40. You have a 01 so you might not break them but if you do its a lot of drilling and tapping to fix it.

PEAFMAN said:
Soak your bolts on your rear shocks w/ PB Blaster...lots of PB Blaster and wd-40. You have a 01 so you might not break them but if you do its a lot of drilling and tapping to fix it.

thanks for the reminder... I picked up 2 cans last week. gonna squirt everything down for a week before hand. getting new bumpers from JCS at the same time.

Beast

I got my bds 2" for $275 at the local speed shop by me. I got the version with the aal. Also bough shackles and spacers to make it 3inch for under $300. The shocks they give you aren't the best in the world but it the ride is still comfortable. After 6 months and a few sessions wheeling and tons of hauling stuff around it still sits at 3" above stock.

IF I could do it all over again it be either a 4" kit from bds or re/dpg

87baseomatic said:
I got my bds 2" for $275 at the local speed shop by me. I got the version with the aal. Also bough shackles and spacers to make it 3inch for under $300. The shocks they give you aren't the best in the world but it the ride is still comfortable. After 6 months and a few sessions wheeling and tons of hauling stuff around it still sits at 3" above stock.

IF I could do it all over again it be either a 4" kit from bds or re/dpg

Well I was hoping to go around $200 for a kit without having to "build my own"... and the RE 6160 with full length AAL came in best price for best recommendations. I ended up about $250 SHIPPED.

Mine is not a wheeler, a DD looking to add a better stance and bigger tires. (30x9.5)
Beast

Back