• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders Needed for the 35th Anniversary Celebration Event in Moab

BTW, just out of curiosity, from past experience how big of a group could we reasonably expect to be leading?

Man, I wish I knew. This'll be my first time at one of these anniversary events, and registration's still open, so participants are still signing up. Maybe someone else can take a stab at an estimate.

Here is an updated list of runs for which we still need leaders:

Dome Plateau on Wednesday, October 10;

Cliff Hanger, Thursday;

Lathrop Canyon, Friday;

Behind the Rocks, Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass, also Saturday.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!

Cliff Hanger is covered. So that leaves just:

Dome Plateau;

Lathrop Canyon;

Behind the Rocks, and;

La Sal Pass.

We’re getting close!

We're getting down to the wire. We still need leaders for:

Lathrop Canyon on Friday;

Behind the Rocks on Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass -- a moderate level run -- also on Saturday.

I hope to finish up and post a link later today to the official run list, with staging and communications information, and all that good stuff. So stand by for that.

Meanwhile, we are still looking for leaders for Behind the Rocks and La Sal Pass, both of which runs are scheduled for Saturday, the final day of the event. If no one steps up to lead these runs we'll have to cancel them, which may be OK as that'll still leave two NAXJA-sanctioned runs to chose from on Saturday, though nothing for stock or mildly built rigs.

The member who was going to lead the Moab Rim run on Friday will not be able to attend the event due to unforeseen circumstances beyond his control. Will someone else please step forward to lead this run?

Behind the Rocks on Saturday also still needs a leader.

Thanks to all who have stepped up!

Another of our volunteers has unfortunately had to change his plans, which puts us down one trail leader. As it stands right now, it looks as if we have all trails covered except Flat Iron Mesa on Friday and Behind the Rocks on Saturday.

Somebody PLEASE help us out by leading one of these runs!

Back