• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Spark plug Wire???

Jeepster4wd

NAXJA Forum User
I took my rotor and cap off because i got new ones and i forgot which spark plug went were. does anyone have a photo that could assist me or mabey a diagram? i have a 1993 XJ 4.0

Firing order from the front to the firewall should be: 4 - 2 - 6 - 3 - 5 - 1 . All you need to do is find the number 1 position on the dist. cap and go in sequence from there. Good Luck

Woody

Wa Woody said:
Firing order from the front to the firewall should be: 4 - 2 - 6 - 3 - 5 - 1 . All you need to do is find the number 1 position on the dist. cap and go in sequence from there. Good Luck

Woody

????

The distributor rotates clockwise. I dunno how you count, but the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4. Maybe I'm dyslexic, but it sure looks like you have it backwards.

my dad taught me to remember the firing order is like women--
15 36 24 To young, to old, just right.

nope and i fixed the ignition problem with replaced spark plugs. i was running great till i tryed to enter the freeway on the onramp and it just blew up and ripped soem nasty holws in my oil pan. But unfortunatly my motor blew up today so im rather pissed at this pos inline 6.

Back