• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOAB newbie

It's important for newcomers to Moab to know and not trample the cryptobiotic soil. We've been out hiking and seen boy scouts throwing frisbees around and running all over the crypto.
This is not cool, I'm not saying you would do it, but it's something to be aware of.
O.K. I'll get off my soapbox now.

I will not let my dog run free.. He will always be leashed and watched closely.. If we come to a rough portion of a trail, is it ok for my lady and dog to get out for the section and back in after its cleared? That is pretty much what im curious about.. Thanks!

This is what my wife does most of the time. It works out great because she usual videos while she is out!

Never been to moab before so don't know what its like getting to the trails each day. Is there quite a bit of road driving to get to the trails? Trying to make sure we can drive jeep on road for a bit if need to. Been more of a trailer queen its life. Just trying to get a feel for what im in for.

Some of the trails are basically off of side streets in town. A few are off the scenic routes along the Colorado River with a max speed limit of 55. The ones off of 191 with some higher speed limits outside of town are the only ones where I've seen a group get spread out, and as long as the leaders wait at the turn off, there hasn't been a problem for those that aren't comfortable with higher speeds. But even those trails are at most 15-20 minutes on the highway.

Is a locker required for many of these trails?
It's on my wish list but out of reach this year...

2000 XJ - OME 3.5", Cooper 30s on stock Ultrastars

Is a locker required for many of these trails?
It's on my wish list but out of reach this year...

2000 XJ - OME 3.5", Cooper 30s on stock Ultrastars

It's recommended, but not required, if cash is tight recovery points are required. In 2013 I did most of Moab on 5" of lift, bald 30's and a rear locker.

If you can scratch up a couple of bucks, a lokka can be installed in the rear in your driveway with basic hand tools in about an hour.

For Moab, I’d lock the front. A lot of it is dragging the ass up stuff if you can get the nose up it v

Back