NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old April 10th, 2017, 13:35
Only Slightly Psychotic

Re: Renix hard to find parts sources thread

"Jeep" logo OEM fog light covers.
'87 MJ 4.0 AW4 231 Stock-ish
SoCal Chapter President
Old April 10th, 2017, 15:45
Piece of Fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent View Post
"Jeep" logo OEM fog light covers.
I think I have a pair in my parts pile.
They won't fit my LED's. Ha
blistovmhz: Goddamn Canada. We're all rapists. Don't come here.
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:59
NAXJA# 2091

Hoses for the Renix coolant bottle to pipe T's and from the heater core to the pipe Ts, some brilliant person designed them with two different hose IDs on each end.

The bottom hose on the coolant bottle is easy to find and cheap ($10), but the heater core hoses and the side of the coolant bottle hose to the pipe T is made of Unobtainiam right now.

8" of hose and they want $15-$40 each delivered.

I bought 2 sets delivered for about $4 each last month from one of our Jeep aftermarket vendors, but their entire stock was hard like concrete and all had to be sent back to China as they damage the heater core nipples during installation and clamps could not squeeze them they were so hard, like plastic.
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old July 30th, 2017, 13:50
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecomike View Post
Hoses for the Renix coolant bottle to pipe T's and from the heater core to the pipe Ts, some brilliant person designed them with two different hose IDs on each end.

The bottom hose on the coolant bottle is easy to find and cheap ($10), but the heater core hoses and the side of the coolant bottle hose to the pipe T is made of Unobtainiam right now.

8" of hose and they want $15-$40 each delivered.

I bought 2 sets delivered for about $4 each last month from one of our Jeep aftermarket vendors, but their entire stock was hard like concrete and all had to be sent back to China as they damage the heater core nipples during installation and clamps could not squeeze them they were so hard, like plastic.
Just get some 1/2 inch heater hose and spray some wd40 ( or equivalent) on the tee side , it will slide right on .... Done this for years without a single problem.
Old July 30th, 2017, 13:53
NAXJA Forum User

And you can use the 97 and newer heater hoses and lose the heater valve ,or use the same 97+ hoses and cut them to accept the heater valve if you wish to keep it

Last edited by Strokermjcomanche; July 30th, 2017 at 13:54. Reason: Quoted my other post
Old July 30th, 2017, 14:30
NAXJA# 2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokermjcomanche View Post
Just get some 1/2 inch heater hose and spray some wd40 ( or equivalent) on the tee side , it will slide right on .... Done this for years without a single problem.
So the T-side is a larger metal OD than the heater core on the Renix?
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old July 30th, 2017, 14:40
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
So the T-side is a larger metal OD than the heater core on the Renix?
I was referring to the expansion tank side to tee .
Old July 30th, 2017, 15:09
NAXJA# 2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokermjcomanche View Post
I was referring to the expansion tank side to tee .
Ah, those are easy to find and cheap for the Renix. It's the two that go from the actual copper heater core to the two T's.

I am seeing $48 prices for them, LOL. And I am not 100% sure, but they seem to be two different pipe sizes on them also.
Old August 4th, 2017, 20:27
NAXJA# 2091

I found the Renix heater core, inlet and outlet to t-fitting hoses, they are .55" X .62" ID

OMIX-ADA Heater Hoses 17116.65

About $40 cheaper if you have this part number LOL.

Google it, many stock it but non pull it up on a heater hose search, just a part number search using the above number.
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:24
Only Slightly Psychotic

The straight steel tube that comes out of the top left of the water pump for the heater hose. The Renix heater hose has a formed "L" to accommodate the straight outlet. The available HO version it bent to 90 to wrap around the head and valve cover pointing towards the back of the engine.

It really not a big deal to cut the heater hose, but still.
'87 MJ 4.0 AW4 231 Stock-ish
SoCal Chapter President
Old August 6th, 2017, 17:00
NAXJA# 2091

I think I used a 3/8" galvanized sch 40 pipe nipple, 12" long ages ago. I thought I saw it online recently, but maybe what I saw was the HO version you mentioned. I have a used spare, which is now more valuable than I thought.
Old April 1st, 2018, 15:52
NAXJA# 2091

Just found out that no one has the Renix NSS Neutral safety switch with the Renix QC anymore. They are all trying to sell the HO NSS with the new style connector, so you can get the switch (I am assuming it dod not change), but you will have to rewire/ swap/modify the connector ends...
Old April 2nd, 2018, 07:41
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Just found out that no one has the Renix NSS Neutral safety switch with the Renix QC anymore. They are all trying to sell the HO NSS with the new style connector, so you can get the switch (I am assuming it dod not change), but you will have to rewire/ swap/modify the connector ends...
What year did they change?
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:02
NAXJA# 2091

Not 100% sure, but I suspect they switched connector ends in 1991, definitely by 1996. Ebay, out of China still has the old 1980s Weatherpack connector parts and tools to make our own connectors, but I discovered last year there are two style 3 pin flat ones!!!! One for the MAP sensor and one for the TPS, and the slots are 180 degree reversed. I had to use an Exacto knife to cut slot in a TPS style connector to use on the MAP sensor harness side side to adapt it. No big deal, but now I wonder how to identify which one from China fits what LOL. I stocked up on the 2,3 and 4 pin ones for the TPS and O2 sensors about 10 years ago. Thinking it is time to do the others now, IAT, NSS, and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
What year did they change?
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:03
NAXJA Forum User

I'm not sure it was 91 when the HO appeared.......