NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 13th, 2019, 23:34
NAXJA Forum User

Pinion shaft not clearing ring gear.

Went to install a powertrax no slip tonight and ran into this issue. My pinion shaft will not clear my ring gear and therefor I canít remove it/remove spider and side gears to install locker.

Any tricks for installing this? Possible to install the locker without removing the pinion shaft? The person who installed my gears ground the center of the shaft to clear the c-clips for axle shaft removal. But not enough to get the thing out. Really donít want to remove the whole carrier/ring gear to install a lunch box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk