NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old February 6th, 2019, 20:16
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Renix scanner port data question.

Thanks for replying, Nick.

My REM has allowed me to get my renix into tip top shape and I love it...for the price(think it was like $50 or something)it really saves alot of money over the mt2500 all while doing essentially the same thing.
However,I'm looking to upgrade because i have dual cooling fans and have them wired up to a manual switch and am getting tired of keeping an eagle eye on my temps....

Do the current modules reliably control two fans via relay trigger?

Are you still building these in batches or do you have some standing inventory?

TIA
Old February 6th, 2019, 20:19
NAXJA Forum User

Oh I forgot to ask when I upgrade can I use the existing data cord?(I have the current cord ran neatly through rhe firewall)
Old February 6th, 2019, 23:57
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander View Post
However,I'm looking to upgrade because i have dual cooling fans and have them wired up to a manual switch and am getting tired of keeping an eagle eye on my temps....

Do the current modules reliably control two fans via relay trigger?

Are you still building these in batches or do you have some standing inventory?

TIA
I have finally hit the point of having available stock at the ready! Check my website for all the goodies there: https://nickintimedesign.com/

The REM II+ has a much better relay driver setup then the REM II and will stand up to any common relay just fine. I have not heard any feedback one way or the other on how well the CTS reading does for cooling, so I assume it works as it should.

For my own personal needs I wanted something more standalone with easier access to tuning and more features, so I build standalone Fan Controllers as well now. They use a seperate temp probe that you can put where you like for more control along with smart modes to turn the fans on in sequence automatically, as well as an engine off timer for any heat soak worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander View Post
Oh I forgot to ask when I upgrade can I use the existing data cord?(I have the current cord ran neatly through rhe firewall)
The Ethernet cord is compatible with all units, and the adapters have been wired to provide basic functionality across all models so far.
Old February 7th, 2019, 21:38
NAXJA Forum User

decisions,decisions...hmmm lemme drink a beer and decide what model to go with.

I see you have a trade in program(I believe I have a version one beta)that sweetens the pot very good indeed!!!