• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive Train Direct (DTD) Kudos

Ivan

I Jeep, therefore, I am..
We all too often hear of crappy service from various vendors. I just want to share my new found faith in Drive Train Direct.

A while back I had upgraded to 4.56 gears for my D30 and 8.25, and they were in for about 5 months. One week before Moab in October, the rear gears toasted. Despite my efforts to get new gears in, I was not able to attend Moab.

The replacement gears went in (different vendor), and I sent the old gears back to DTD in hopes that I would get some sort resolution, though I held little hope. I sent the gears in October, and was curious as to why I hadn't heard back. I talked with Keith at DTD, and he found out that Precision would not honor the return. I thought that was it. However, Keith felt that if the gears were to fail, they would have done so early on; but he was going to pursue it further with Precision.

Precision would still NOT honor the return, but DTD did! Keith mentioned that DTD is under new ownership as of 01/01/04, and that they had to clean up quite a mess from the previous owners. He apologized profusely for the delay in resolving my return, and said that he was going to credit my CC account $336 !!!! He said that he hoped that this incident wouldn't tarnish my opinion of DTD.

This certainly renewed my faith in DTD.... If you're looking for new gears and such, I would highly recommend DTD :clap:

Well, DTD totally screwed up the gear install on my D44 and I had to reset it. After several calls and no response, someone(from DTD) noticed one of my posts here on NAXJA about my feelings towards DTD. Shortly after I received a gift certificate from them for $200 which I used for some Superior axle shafts.
I am satisfied how they eventually settled the situation but still am leery about doing business with them. I've heard the "new ownership" card played several times now so I'm a little skeptical.

Jes

Now that I've resurrected my firewall......

I've also been happy (for the most part) with DTD. 2 full gear sets, and some other miscellaneous stuff for a total of 4 orders over 3 years. The last gear set was ordered a week ago Tuesday, 3 day shipping, arrived Friday on time.

ChiXJeff

Got both my ARB's from them. No problems at all and great price. Plus I got a lifetime warranty.

B-loose

i got no phone call after patiently waiting 2 weeks for my stuff to arrive. after being told 4-5 bus. days. i called and was told that the items were special order. a d30 install kit, true trac, and superior r&p?
a week later they arrived.
ill try them again when i get my d44 goodies.
-g

GPRSDLYT said:
i got no phone call after patiently waiting 2 weeks for my stuff to arrive. after being told 4-5 bus. days. i called and was told that the items were special order. a d30 install kit, true trac, and superior r&p?
a week later they arrived.
ill try them again when i get my d44 goodies.
-g

A week ago Tuesday, I ordered a full regear package. 4.56 gears for a D30 (Superior gears,) and a Chrysler 8.25 (Precision gears,) with the master overhaul kits for each axle. Showed up on Friday, UPS 3 day shipping.

When I ordered my TrueTrac 3 years ago, it may have been drop shipped.

Back