• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED DAILY DRIVER UNDER $2,000

94xjva

NAXJA Forum User
My options so far; 1999 XJ, 3" lift (all rusty's parts) 30" wheels sittin on black rock crawlers, truck's black with a 5 speed, over all great condition but one thing 215K miles OUCH! My buddy's selling this and I know he takes care of it and pretty much only drives it to work and back (mall crawler!)....my other option is I found a 97 celica with 145k loaded (leather, moonroof, auto, cd, power everything) but its almost $500 more than the XJ. So its basically a 99 xj with 215k vs a 4cyl jap car with anywhere from 140-180k what do you guys think? Im really looking for input on the 215k XJ too! Thanks

dude.. 215k is nothing! i got 193k and it pulls 34s like a bat outta hell!
celica? small bottom feeder? are you nuts!?

Get the jeep and dont even think about the toyota!

Mark

Fix the 94, it'll get better mileage than the new one, you already know it, and fixing it will be cheaper than buying either.

You start any crap here 94 and I'll make sure you get a time out. I will not shut this down yeat but keep it clean and on topic.

i have a good dd i'll sell ya for $500! it's got 20,000 miles and gets more than 80 mpg:D pm me if you want a motorcycle, lol.
an xj with 215k is nothing if it has been taken care of. i've had several with over 300k, and they were all fine till i tore them up wheelin. i say buy the newer xj, and fix your 94 when you have time, then pick one to wheel, and one to dd. of the cars toyota makes, my opinion is that the celica is the least dependable. i'd take a 215k xj over a brand new celica, for dependability, capability, and ease of repair. hope you make the right choice!
ghost, are you being sarcastic? did i miss something?

Last edited:
i have a good dd i'll sell ya for $500! it's got 20,000 miles and gets more than 80 mpg:D pm me if you want a motorcycle, lol.
an xj with 215k is nothing if it has been taken care of. i've had several with over 300k, and they were all fine till i tore them up wheelin. i say buy the newer xj, and fix your 94 when you have time, then pick one to wheel, and one to dd. of the cars toyota makes, my opinion is that the celica is the least dependable. i'd take a 215k xj over a brand new celica, for dependability, capability, and ease of repair. hope you make the right choice!
ghost, are you being sarcastic? did i miss something?

Yea about 3 threads last night in non tech.

Back