• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

size/measurements of door hinge torx bolts?

snail

NAXJA Forum User
just as the title says, what are the specs on the three each torx bolts at the door hinges? i want to swap them out for some real hex bolts but dont want to pick and guess. im sure people have done this before
thanks in advance

96 if that matters

Last edited:
Remember that they are probably a high grade hardened bolt from the factory - I would bet on grade 9.8 or 10.9. I don't know the metric thread size for sure (almost certainly metric) but I would bet on an M8 or M10 or so. You can find out easily by going to Home Depot, pulling one out in the parking lot, and using the thread gauge they have in the hardware aisle.

Also, for what it's worth, I like Torx now that I have a Torx bit driver set...

I'm almost positive they are M8x1.25x30 based on my McMaster-Carr order history

I like the stainless steel button-head hex the best since they have more room, they are easier to remove with Allen keys or wrenches as needed, and they look clean

I don't know what size they are I just took the doors off completely...:cheers:

now its time to wheel Im going to be making soft doors for my rig that uses the factory hinges and strikers...

themud

TORX SUCKS, period! They are good from the factory sure, but add years of corrosion and rust and you run into big problems when trying to remove! You can't put as much torque on a torx bolt as you can a hex head bolt before the torx strips and you're left with a useless bolt you can't remove without cutting.

Back