• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 or 5.5 front coils?

KLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Need some feedback from folks who run either the RE 5.5" or 4.5" coils. I need a pair of new coils cos I just hate my 3" Pro comp with a 2" spacer. I need to know what height would I end up with, with either the 5.5" or 4.5".

Currently I sit 5" up front and 5.5" back. 5" up front would be ideal, I run an ARB bar with a winch up front .

Thanks

I have ran both and currently run the 5.5s. The 5.5's are quite a bit stiffer than the 4's. If your looking to get 5", run the 4.5's and a .5" spacer if you need it. The 4.5's will give more than advertised when you first install them, but they will settle a little. The 5.5's on the other hand will hold 6". With the winch, though, you may be able to get away with the 5.5's.

the "5.5's" are stiffer because they're ZJ 4.5" coils.

THey actually work great with a bumper and a winch.

So seems like 4.5" would be the way to go since with the 5.5" I might end up higher than that and I definately don't want the "squat" look.

Any other folks with comments?

Check around and buy a set of used 5.5 coils. They will no doubt measure at least 6" with a winch and bumper.
Check Ebay, I know there is a set on there for sale now. hint hint nudge nudge

Back