NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 15th, 2019, 16:11
NAXJA Forum User

Can't find Mopar Crankshaft Position Sensor

I can't find a Mopar one. The dealer says they are discontinued and they just get theirs from Napa. Who made Mopar? What brand would you suggest as they all look like they came from China most have lots of bad reviews. Omix-Ada?

My symptoms. 1989 MJ cranks and spins, but no fire. Confirmed the fuel pump is running by measuring voltage across the fuel ballast resistor at key-on, but not while cranking, and timing light shows I've got no spark. Unplug the CPS, measures 200-ohms, plug it back in and she fires right up. I haven't scoped it yet to see what it looks like. Wiring looks good, but I don't have a spare CPS if/when it dies again.