• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails in WA...

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
Help!

I'm driving up to Ft. Lewis on 11-4 for a homecoming ceremony. I'm going to have a few days of down time, and I'm looking to run some trails, hopefully in close proxcimity to the Ft. Lewis Area. I may be staying in the Olympia area.

I do not have any trail info for the area, so I could use some suggestions and guidance...

Thanks!

--ron

PS: It'd be cool to hook up with some XJ's while there...

Thanks, I saw the thread on my search, but I was also fishing for anyone planning on getting out on the weekend I mentioned.

--ron

Not sure if I will be able to tag along with you but I will let you know if that changes. Any idea when specifically you are available?

My first choice would be Evans Creek ORV Park, out close to Mt Rainer. Lots of different trails with dificulty for everyone.

There is a ORV park also that is very close to Olympia (just on the south side of the hwy on your way out to the ocean. Maybe someone can chime in with the name and if they are still open. Sorry do not have a map on hand with names (can get one later for you). Other good options on your way up is Sand Lake OR, and Tillimook Forest, OR.

Hope that helps,
Michael

I'm working around a non specific return date for the brigade, I know it will be on the 6th, 7th, or 8th. For good reason, the Army doesn't release the exact info until just before arrival. I'm leaving So Cal on Thursday morning the 4th.

I'm planning on hitting whatever I can on Saturday the 6th, and making a full day of it (my guess is brigade arrival on Sunday...). Evans looks good, I'm guessing it's about an hour and a half from the Olympia area.

I noticed Capitol Forest, but it looks closed as of Nov 1. ORV near Olympia?

--ron

Captain Ron said:
I'm working around a non specific return date for the brigade, I know it will be on the 6th, 7th, or 8th. For good reason, the Army doesn't release the exact info until just before arrival. I'm leaving So Cal on Thursday morning the 4th.

I'm planning on hitting whatever I can on Saturday the 6th, and making a full day of it (my guess is brigade arrival on Sunday...). Evans looks good, I'm guessing it's about an hour and a half from the Olympia area.

I noticed Capitol Forest, but it looks closed as of Nov 1. ORV near Olympia?

--ron

That is it "Capital Forest". Not surpised I remember them only being open during the summer months and nothing too exciting there but it has been a long time for me since I have been there.

Evans is great and lot of people and trails. I am sure you can get a few from up here to tag along (really unlikely if I make it but will let you know closer to time). I would guess it is probably very close to 1.5 hours from Ft Lewis.

Let me know if you want any other info.
Michael

Capital forest is mainly a mountain/dirt bike, ATV and camping area. They have many logging roads, but nothing a normal CAR couldn't do. The trails are single track trails. It is only great when I was in high school to go up there and drink the night away.

Capitol looked like not much more than FS roads, but thought I would ask.

Evans is looking like my best bet, unless anyone knows of something else.

I'll keep ya posted Michael, and thanks!

--ron

I might be wanting to take a little excursion. BUT, my Jeep isn't yet equipt with the appropriate equipment for the excursions I would like to enjoy. I usually have Monday thru Wed. off work. Live out in Yelm.

On the road for WA tonight. I'll be heading to Evans on Friday, and possibly Saturday.

CB 4
2M 146.500

--ron

Evans this morning anyone?

Leaving now.

Party with some troops tonight at the Guesthouse Inn, Dupont.
Everyone welcome.

Evans again on Saturday, unless someone can tell me of anywhere else, with rocks.

--ron

Back