• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Schrader valve size for LP fill side?

MoFo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
2000 XJ, 4.0 Liter engine

Does anybody know the size of the valve core at the AC fill port?

How about a part number from a chain parts store, or a recommendation of where to buy online?

Mine is leaking and I need to know the size, so I can buy the part and tool to replace it without releasing the R134.

TIA
MoFo

I don't know the exact size but here are some links to get you started.

ACKits has a cheap 8 pc. kit something will probably fit.
http://www.ackits.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=01&Product_Code=CP3006&Category_Code=Miscellaneous

ACSource has singles for the same price as the kit
http://www.acsource.com/valvecores-assortmentsandtools.aspx

Rockauto.com
Four Seasons Part#26782 valve core and cap kit

Option 4 check the AC section at all your local auto parts someone may have it. I don't think it will be a parts counter sort of thing.

Last edited:
Mine is leaking and I need to know the size, so I can buy the part and tool to replace it without releasing the R134.

TIA
MoFo
Let us know how that works out for you.:roflmao:
BTW:wear goggles and have good eye-care insurance!

you CANNOT change out the valve without evac the system.

Thanks Mesh. That is the tool kit I bought. For the peanut gallery, follow the link for the tool and you may learn something. :roll:

The reason I asked for the size is because the hood can't be closed with this tool on the accumulator port, so I can't drive the DD to the parts counter with valve core in hand. So, I bought the deluxe valve kit too. http://www.acsource.com/mastervalvecoreassortmentpn91337.aspx When I determine what size the valve cores are, I will post that back here. Is there a parts list thread where this should be posted?

Thanks Mesh. That is the tool kit I bought. For the peanut gallery, follow the link for the tool and you may learn something. :roll:

The reason I asked for the size is because the hood can't be closed with this tool on the accumulator port, so I can't drive the DD to the parts counter with valve core in hand. So, I bought the deluxe valve kit too. http://www.acsource.com/mastervalvecoreassortmentpn91337.aspx When I determine what size the valve cores are, I will post that back here. Is there a parts list thread where this should be posted?

For $35 (cost of the tool) you could have had it evacuated properly instead of knowingly letting it to leak into the atmosphere until you "fix" it!

For $35 (cost of the tool) you could have had it evacuated properly instead of knowingly letting it to leak into the atmosphere until you "fix" it!

Yea, and how much more to have a vacuum pulled and recharged? The last charge (I thought it was fixed then) took 2 months to bleed down to the point where the clutch is cycling. I don't willing dump R134 into the atmosphere, so Relax! Now I have an o-ring under the cap and I can't detect a leak by the cap with soapy water. My tools and parts will be here tomorrow.

I know this is an old thread... but did the OP ever get the schrader valve changed over w/out evacuating the system first?

I've seen a youtube vid doing this, but wondered if you got the correct tool and valve for your '01 and got it all fixed up?

I've noticed my low side schrader AC valve is now leaking slowly and want to fix it as well.

I know this is an old thread... but did the OP ever get the schrader valve changed over w/out evacuating the system first?

I've seen a youtube vid doing this, but wondered if you got the correct tool and valve for your '01 and got it all fixed up?

I've noticed my low side schrader AC valve is now leaking slowly and want to fix it as well.

+1

I am in the exact same position.

It is a shame folks don't follow up with their findings.

Back