• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Cluster Help

sWissfoo

NAXJA Forum User
I have 1989 jeep comanche 4.0/Nv3550 with 1999 xj conversion. My tach, engine temp, battery, and oil pressure and fuel all register. Speedo does not work. I have the dash pulled apart and lubed up C1 and C2 with dialectic grease. I also order a new C2 from the dealer and just installed it. Still speedo is not working. Driving me nuts. What could be causing this? A ground? I've checked my grounds and fuses. Also checked the airbag issue i read about. I am at a lose. Please help with some friendly advice. Sick of not knowing my speed or current mileage.

Which gauges are you using? Early XJ/MJ gauge clusters use a speedometer cable. Later XJ gauge clusters use an electronic speedometer input with a vehicle speed sensor in the transfer case.

All of that data from the 1999 xj goes through the PCM / computer. Did you swap all the wiring harnesses and cluster and other body computers?

If you put all the 99 electronics in your 89 then check fuses and grounds would be my next step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back