• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad no lift shackle relocation install

I have heard of instances of delivery drivers opening up boxes and eating the bacon. (this is why the drivers are normally overweight) I would contact the delivery service and report the bacon theft.

I finished up installing mine today, took a bit of fiddling to get them right as expected.

Was missing one of the pair of 14mm 8.8 grade short bolts that go into where the original shackle bolt goes, Ace hardware has them tho so no biggie.

On both sides, the one shackle bolt hole I needed to use caused me to need to shave an edge off the nylock nut since it was so close to the bump where the shackle originally went. It was either that or completely remove them again and take a ball peen hammer to the bump.....

On the gas tank (driver) side I cut the plates I used in half and only put one bolt thru the body as the plates went over the fill hump, no other easy way to get them in whole, but really no biggie either as I don't think they were even totally necessary (three other better points of contact) unless you actually have a roll cage to tie them in to.

On the passenger side I cut a 45 edge off the top of the plate so it avoids a hump towards the hatch.

Overall I say these were more than worth the money in increase of ride quality for me, having gone from the bottom four durango leaves under an XJ main to these relo brackets with an upcountry full pack plus an extra XJ main and MJ shackles, achieving about the same lift as before.

thanks for a great product! now to save up for the frame stiffeners!!

I finished up installing mine today, took a bit of fiddling to get them right as expected.

Was missing one of the pair of 14mm 8.8 grade short bolts that go into where the original shackle bolt goes, Ace hardware has them tho so no biggie.

On both sides, the one shackle bolt hole I needed to use caused me to need to shave an edge off the nylock nut since it was so close to the bump where the shackle originally went. It was either that or completely remove them again and take a ball peen hammer to the bump.....

On the gas tank (driver) side I cut the plates I used in half and only put one bolt thru the body as the plates went over the fill hump, no other easy way to get them in whole, but really no biggie either as I don't think they were even totally necessary (three other better points of contact) unless you actually have a roll cage to tie them in to.

On the passenger side I cut a 45 edge off the top of the plate so it avoids a hump towards the hatch.

Overall I say these were more than worth the money in increase of ride quality for me, having gone from the bottom four durango leaves under an XJ main to these relo brackets with an upcountry full pack plus an extra XJ main and MJ shackles, achieving about the same lift as before.

thanks for a great product! now to save up for the frame stiffeners!!

Glad everything went mostly OK, I will deffinetly be using more packaging as to try to keep everything in the box.

AND I am sorry I forgot to put a picture up of the stock nut hump, if you intend to use the 3 bolt holes closest to the stock nut the hump has to be trimmed, I will get a pic up today.

How the stock "nut Hump" needs to be modified if you plan on using the two holes closest to the oem hole. This provides clearance for the nylock nut.
photo1_zps35a50d73.jpg

What's the best way to cut out the stock shackle box, other than a plasma cutter?

Do you think the inside mounting plates are totally necessary in an XJ without a cage to tie into them? I would probably install them anyway, but just wondering...

A sawzall Should work pretty good on the sides, then you will have to bend them over and use a cut off wheel near the floor. And no the inside plates aren't necesary unless you intend to use them later....... They still need to be bolted to the floor though.

Nice looking brackets. One question, just out of curiosity. What is the large oval hole intended for? Thanks

It's for bolt to go into the stock location, its ovaled so the bracket can be moved up and down depending on if you want it above or below a hitch/skid or both.

Stump and I just finished up my install a bit ago. There were a few things we ''revised'' to make life easier, but overall was very simple! Thankfully Stumps plasma made short work of all the cutting of the stock boxes! I put a good bit of info on install/our revisions in my build thread here. We had to trim the interior plates to fit correctly, and remove the filler hose shield for box clearance. We ended up slotting the holes on the frame rail side since I had a hitch installed, it made that a lot easier on us. Thanks for a great product, loving them so far!

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=245890741#post245890741

Stump and I just finished up my install a bit ago. There were a few things we ''revised'' to make life easier, but overall was very simple! Thankfully Stumps plasma made short work of all the cutting of the stock boxes! I put a good bit of info on install/our revisions in my build thread here. We had to trim the interior plates to fit correctly, and remove the filler hose shield for box clearance. We ended up slotting the holes on the frame rail side since I had a hitch installed, it made that a lot easier on us. Thanks for a great product, loving them so far!

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=245890741#post245890741

Pm sent thanks

I know they will improve the shackle angle, but will these fix my unintended shackle bump stop against the bumper?

Tell me "yes" and I will order a set today.

Bonk.jpg

I know they will improve the shackle angle, but will these fix my unintended shackle bump stop against the bumper?

Tell me "yes" and I will order a set today.

Bonk.jpg

That sucks, no will not help that, but a cut off wheel or plasma will.

It's a Smittybilt XRC rear bumper. I guess they didn't think anyone would be using it with longer shackles. It will get a taste of plasma next week.

I'll still be ordering the relocation brackets soon.

It's a Smittybilt XRC rear bumper. I guess they didn't think anyone would be using it with longer shackles. It will get a taste of plasma next week.

I'll still be ordering the relocation brackets soon.

Sucks about the bumper, but the plasma will definitely make short work of that problem. Not sure if your suspension is drooping in that picture, but that shackle angle is horrible. If thats what it looks like during normal ride height, the shackle relocation brackets will be your best friend. Plenty of holes to dial in the right angle.

Back