• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear seat belts

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
will rear seat belts from a 97-2001 cherokee work in my 92' ? my dog ate mine. how about from a grand cherokee? i don't care about the color. i just need both rear shoulder belts. the middle one and the buckles are fine. nothing at the pick-n-pull, but i've see a few on ebay for $25 each.

When I stripped out the interior of my '91 I rolled the rear belts up and then they would not unroll. I went to the junkyard, and found a set in a '96 that look identical but I have not installed them yet. The fronts were completely different--the tensioner is inside the B-pillar on later models, instead of outside the B-pillar down by the seat--but the rear look identical.

How are you supposed to remove and transport the seatbelts without them rolling up?

My friend took the seatbelts out of his 96 (the front belts....the rears were thrown away as the seat was removed) and they rolled up as well and would not unroll either.

I had my two front belts roll up on me when I hurculined my interior. I ended up taking the cover off of one with a screwdriver and releasing the latch so that the belt would unroll (still works after reassembling it, just make sure not to break any of the plastic tabs that hold the cover on). Then I realized that there is a metal ball in the seatbelt locker that rolls around and when it's not perfectly centered it locks your seatbelt. So if you just mount it back into the jeep, letting the ball to be were it is suppose to be it should just start to unroll for you. This was also from a 96 XJ so I'm not sure if that the newer models have a different design.

Back