• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

So random (stupid) question.... Has anyone ghettofabbed a small diameter sway bar up front on the xj to help off-road? Something like a cheap antirock... Never heard of it being done...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I made a cheap antirock bar a few years ago. Someone on NAXJA started the thread. Use a torsion bar off of an Isuzu rodeo and weld the key ends onto some arms. It worked pretty well. My arms coming off of the torsion bar were 0.5 inch thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e9719ba154961e5df8acab21a5395c49.jpg

Visiting the Pick and Pull for break parts for my rear JK transplant.

The Dodge Nitro 07 to 11 and Jeep Liberty 08 to 12 uses the same rear caliper and bracket as the JK. The rotors are the same diameter but different lug spacing. Time to get that 1/2 inch drill out.

If parking brake cable was that easy,...

I made a cheap antirock bar a few years ago. Someone on NAXJA started the thread. Use a torsion bar off of an Isuzu rodeo and weld the key ends onto some arms. It worked pretty well. My arms coming off of the torsion bar were 0.5 inch thick.

What diameter was the torsion bar? Did it lmao you from hitting full flex?

*Limit*
wow autocorrect is the devil...

I believe it is 1 inch diameter. It didn’t limit any suspension articulation. I mounted the bar with some basic poly energy suspension sway bar bushings. No issues.

b488d4dd6464367722fd4f745890bcb7.jpg

Headed to Windrock tomorrow afternoon for the Shamrock Shakedown. Am I going to see anyone else out there??

I doubt I go.... Some serious rains coming through tonight and early in the morning. It's gonna be a slick mess

I think registration ended a month or so ago. I was just curious if anyone else had registered. Rain will be there tomorrow morning, but supposed to be clear on Friday and Saturday - the two trail days. Yes, it will be muddy though.

I hope they let me ride since I don’t own a Toyota, a Lexus, a Land Rover, or a roof top tent.

That was a great event. Had a good time at Windrock. It was cold and windy on Friday, but we covered a lot of ground. Very muddy. Saturday was beautiful, in the mid-60s, with no wind. The trails were considerably drier.

Titan Offroad did a nice job. They had the entire primitive campground reserved with the pavilion. They brought in a burger truck on Friday and BBQ team on Saturday for the provided dinners. On Saturday they had a live band play for an hour or so, and a raffle.

Learned a lot about Toyotas after spending the entire weekend wheeling with Tacomas, a Tundra, a 4Runner, a Lexus LX450, and a couple FJ Cruisers.

A few pictures from the Shamrock Shakedown:

50997343135_b7c39c846d_c.jpg

51066532356_87565e2c2d_c.jpg

50997342505_50770da24d_c.jpg

51066626387_bbd83d7bed_c.jpg

I don’t remember the trail numbers. We did do intermediate and easy blue trails

It looks like you had a good time. If you like to ride, Windrock is a fun place to just go cruise.

In other news, I renewed my NAXJA membership this month so I can win some prizes. Haha!

That last picture of me dropping into the mud puddle, there is a rock you can see by the rear tire that jumped out and grabbed a Tacoma just behind the front tire. That spooked the rest of the group. All the Toyota guys grabbed shovels to fill in the ruts, pulled out chainsaws to cut deadwood to pile in the ruts, and even used a sledge hammer to knock off some of that rock. I was actually behind that Tacoma and had to pull him out. I told them if they were going to build up the trail to let me go first while it was still rutted out.

One dude put a dent in his Tacoma rocker panel and I was certain he was about to cry, but he held it together. When we got back to camp, he drove to town to get a wifi signal and ordered rock sliders that afternoon.

My thing is - if you are going to drive a stock height daily driver with no protection and AT's on a muddy, rutted trail and be scared of scratches or dents - DON'T GO!

Lmao!!!! When I am looking for new trails at windrock I turn around when I follow the typical yota with a rtt.... I just know I'll be bored lol

Welp I kersploded a rear driveshaft, u joint, and 8.8 flange adapter.... 1 wrong bounce. Drove a 45 minute ride home in fwd. The lunchbox made that a VERY interesting experience. I keep a spare driveshaft, but stupid me never thought to have a spare adapter. Ordered 2 this time around!

Welp I kersploded a rear driveshaft, u joint, and 8.8 flange adapter.... 1 wrong bounce. Drove a 45 minute ride home in fwd. The lunchbox made that a VERY interesting experience. I keep a spare driveshaft, but stupid me never thought to have a spare adapter. Ordered 2 this time around!

After having that happen, I switched over to a yoke instead of a flange. Seen a lot of flanges and adapters break on 8.8s

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back