• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Electrical Problems

Ertsride1

NAXJA Forum User
Hello...I don't post much on here just read alot and gather info...but something came up in my wife's GC...I can't figure it out.

First off, she has a 2004 WJ, 4.0L, NP 242, Auto, 4 door, Laredo.

1st problem:
She noticed that the front door would lock intermittantly when she pressed the lock button on key fob. that happened for about a month... then she noticed that she wasn't able to roll down the windows or lock it while driving. Now all controls on drivers door have become non-operational.
none of the windows are operational. the switches aren't even lit up... the lock switch is both lit up and operational on the passenger side door and all doors lock from that switch but drivers door.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

2nd problem:
She noticed that the dimmer rotating switch started malfunctioning. The only way to not have the interior lights on is to rotate that switch to OFF position. As soon as you turn it from off to lowest possible setting it also kicks on the interior lights.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for all information that you guys can come up with.

Garrett

Re: WJ ELECRTICAL PROBLEMS

Check your drivers door jumper harness. It goes from the door to the body. Most likely there are some broken wires in there somewhere.

Re: WJ ELECRTICAL PROBLEMS

I understand the switch on the door console can go bad. There's a writeup somewhere around here about taking it apart and resoldering the connections. But I don't think that would cause problems unlocking with the remote.

Back