• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signal issue

DrewR

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone...

Last year at this time, I had a problem with my turn signals that turned out to be related to my battery slowly dying.

Recently, my turn signals have stopped functioning completely. All other electrical systems work fine. Need to check the fuses again but am afraid I have a bigger problem with my electrical system.

I live on the Chesapeake Bay and am wondering if the salt air has corroded some components.

You guys are a great resource and big help when I have to take my 2001 Jeep Cherokee in for service.

Cheers,
Andrew

have u checked the signal relay?

I had this problem recently and it turned out the sockets for the signals under the headlights were corroded. I bought replacement pigtails at AutoZone for $5.99 each and wired them on. That fixed my problem. You should isolate which bulbs are not lighting at all and start with them.

there is a combination flasher up to the left once you remove the knee blocker that you may want to check as well. it is a combination hazard/turn signal flasher so check to see if your hazards work as well.

worth a shot.

Had some funky turn signal issues and found the turn signal module to be toast. 50 bucks and 10 minutes later it was replaced. Check the easy things first as suggested, if you can't find anything else wrong replace the module.

Back