• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am now a xj owner!

OffRoadOhio

NAXJA Forum User
Got the new trail rig... two actualy....

First, 1987 Cherokee with towpackage, 4.0 with 5speed... totaly rust free....
the bad..... guy sold the 44 rear from it so he bolted a crapper35 in.( nothing a ford axle wont fix :toast: )... and its been flopped on concrete... so the front right fender is beat up ( nothing a chop cant fix) the draglink end is broken (which cuased the flop) the right windhsield pillar is pushed down a tag which broke the windshield.... front door is tweaked from the pillar, and the rear is pushed in a little from the swingaway tire carrier.... I can still see myself in the paint....! Also when the tow truck drug it back over thier cable slit the oil pan at the top.... we did ad oil and listen to it run, smooth as can be, with about 148k...

Next, 87 cherokee with 2.5L automatic, runs but seems to have a vaccum leak... (wont idle right) ash grey color same as the other, pretty solid body...
Comes with an extra auto and tcase the guy had from another project...

Not sure what to do with it yet, but it came in the deal... might fix it to DD, and sell the protege, or just fix and resell it.

Picked up for for an even $500 both with titles, and to top it off, in exchange for the 5spoke factory jeep aluminum wheels on the 4.0 jeep, the guy is going to deliver one from dayton ohio to my place, leaving me to only have to go and get one....

didnt have my camera today but i'll snag some shots as soon as I get em hone!....

dakotus said:
now come join us at jeepinohio.com for more ohioan girl-on-girl action!

Can I join too!? Not from Ohio but always happy to see that. Oh darn, then I read the rest of your post.:)

The 4 liter jeep will be getting a 3inch rocky roads budget lift... but the front spacers will be replaced with 3 inch hd lift coils. While adding the lift I'll swap my 30 with 4.10's and ez locker in, as well as my ford rear with 4.10's and a welded carrier.
Bumpers will be repalced with a front bumper built to carry my winch cradle, and a swingaway tire carrier in the rear. Eventualy (probably next winter) an exo cage is in store.

chopped fenders and 33's stuffed in them, and after the stock CA's go, I'll go with adjustable offset ones.

Back