• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Round Headlights?

97RedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to put in a set of Round lights instead of the Rectangle ones. Has anyone did this yet? Is it possible? I did a search and no look there. If someone has can you let me know what it took to do it?

Thanks

Last edited:
BCParker said:
It certainly seems to be possible, but let me be the first one to ask WHY???????????

you might need a new wiring harness, try looking at GoJeep's website(or others) for what he used when switching to better headlights.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoHeadlightLoom.htm

or try
http://www.patricksnorton.com/cherokee/tech/hlights.php

you'll have to find round headlights to substitute, but the wiring should be about the same.

Because it is a JEEP! That is why and I like round better.

Thanks for the links.

Try searching for " Casablanca Headlight Conversion " or just Casablanca, there was a thread on this the other day.

:lecture:

peg-hole.jpg

Last edited:
Did install Xenon lights on my YJ, they are round... :)
I got these for a bike project, but they were a little too big so they ended up on the YJ.
The light is incredible, compared to the stock lights, so I might convert to Xenon on my MJ as
Well.

Hella Bi-Xenon, both hi/low beam.
Bi_Xenon.jpg

xenonph.jpg

xen.jpg

Installed both ballast units on the inner fender, next to the ARB compressor
xenonph9.jpg

xenonph1.jpg

Xenon00.jpg

Now all you need is a Chrome Roll-Bar... :)

I like the way the lights look on your YJ, not bad at all.

you're wearing a bra on a jeep.

The lights look fine but that supercharger under the hood looks really tacky. I think you should take it off right now and send it to me. :)

B

ckh550 said:
you're wearing a bra on a jeep.
Yep, it’s a bra....bought it for my GF after she got implants, however she didn’t like black...so I put it on the Jeep ;)

In fact it’s working pretty well, did cross Nor Way :) (2400 miles) this summer, and you wouldn’t believe all the big flies that love to enter the cells of the 3 coolers in the front.(water, trans and intercooler).

I get some funny comments regarding the bra… he,he...but it serve it’s purpose, so it will stay on during summer times.

the bra is nice it looks like little ears and eyes it kinda reminds me of the gremlins (not the car but the actual animal in the movie).
and btw 512 that is one sweet yj and i too want the supercharger and hydrolic winch...

anyway, I saw an XJ with round lights. it was differnt alright. it just looked wrong. but it was not done right either. so i want to see some pics if you do it right.
good luck with that... and don't destroy anything so when you come to your senses you can go back at the end

Supercharger... sick!

Back