• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May Run and Shoot-Out?

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The last two years we did a run in May and took various firearms, from shotguns to handguns to do some target practice. Both were good runs, so I am asking if anyone is interested in another run, Saturday May 9th, 16th, or the 23rd. Please post-up which if you are interested in going and which Saturday you would prefer. We would go either to to Ryan's favorite place about 19 miles north-northwest of Delle, or the Pony Express Trail a few miles west of 5-mile Pass.

Again, post up if you are interested and when and where.

I'm up for the pony express trail. I have been all over the delle lakeside area and would like to check out something new. As long as it's not memorial weekend I should be able to make it.

Yes, I will try my best to make this run. We should shoot for a camp out as well.
I am good for any Friday night- Saturday.

I'm in, I've had a blast the last two years. Set a date so I know what days to take off work.

Drew:
It will not be Memorial Weekend. I hope to be "Back Home Again in Indiana" for the race.

I like the West Desert on the Pony Express Trail west of 5-mile Pass. I had not planned on camping, but we may be able to arrange something for you Chris.

Keep the input coming soon so we can set up an actual date. BTW, Jerry you are now in black letters.

There have been no post since April 27th. Let's try for May 16th. As far as camping, I will leave that up to Chris and Drew and anyone else who may want to. I would suggest that if you go to the second large parking/staging area northwest of where the Pony Express Trail splits off west from the road to Toelle you can find a good spot. Just head east off the highway a few hundred yards. As far as shooting, how about meeting where the Pony Express trail splits west and we can find a spot out towards Vernon? I have a couple of favorites. We can shoot a couple of hours and then come back to 5-mile for a short run up around the mines.

I am good with that date. If its just us, I wouldn't mind going to the pony express area. If the guys up north are in maybe out by skull valley would be good.
If we plan on running 5 mile after, I would need to get some bump stops to keep from tearing up my new treads though...

I will make the run, but do not plan on camping. May 16th. 9:00 AM? We can meet in Sandy, or the Walmart lot at rte. 73 and 68 (Redwood Rd.) or we can meet where the Pony Express Trail splits off southwest from rte. 73 just west of 5-mile pass. Pick one, Chris, and whoever else is going.

It is moribund for sure. Actually, as Ryan (Dr Moab) set up the schedule for 2015 he planned trail runs for every other month. I added the May 16th run to try to get some interest going, as for the last 2 years this target practice run was pretty well attended. Stay tuned for the June run, which was originally planned for out Vernal way.

Considering the last couple years, I am surprised that there hasn't been much interest in this run. I will try to figure out how to link this thread to the FB page and see if that might help. I know its kinda late but WTH.

FWIW I am bringing myself and my 2 year old on this outing if it still goes forth.

Considering the last couple years, I am surprised that there hasn't been much interest in this run.

There hasn't been any interest in anything....period.

I am out. I have to go to Flagstaff. I company that I can't name yet is using my jeep and trailer in a photo shoot for a new product coming out. They are being wishy washy on when it will be so I can't commit to anything right now.

To finalize plans, meet at the Walmart parking lot north of Saratoga Springs at the intersection of 73 and 68 (Redwood Rd.). I should be there by 9:00 AM and we can wait for 15 minutes or so to see who else shows up. Look for the green XJ.

If we are lucky it will be like the Golden Spike run last month where we did not have any rain at all. The unofficial event will be out past 5-mile pass where we unload a few rounds into targets. If the weather permits, we can make a run up to the Green Monster mine and at least look at the Chute, etc. that will be the "official" part of the run.

Last edited:
I may not be able to make this run. We had to take my Dad to the hospital last night with some chest pains and difficulty breathing. Will have to see how he progresses today and determine tonight.

Good Luck and I hope everything turns out OK. I will still make the run in case someone who has been silent shows up at Walmart on Saturday.

Thank you Steve. So far now, he is stable with pneumonia. I will be there in the morning. Some stress relief would be very healthy right now.

Glad to hear he is stable. As your better half knows, it is a good sign that he did not crash and burn. (But that's just between us clinical microbiologists). See you at the Walmart parking lot. I hope some others show, but who knows? Maybe we just have to take turns throwing clays. I don't have any. Maybe we should pick some up at Walmart? I have rifles, hand guns and a Browning 12 ga shotgun, so we probably should not fear the Zombie Apocalypse.

Sounds great, I have clays and the proper equipment to dispatch of them. Will bring others as well. Here's hoping for good weather.

Back